michigan laws?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michigan laws?

hi can anyone tell me if it is a michigan law that storage customers must have storage insurance? any help would be appreciated
    also is it a law in michigan that a storage customer must present a title to a vehicle being stored?

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(g1k...me=mcl-570-524 It's all online! It's a good idea to require insurance for every tenant though.
    I want buns of steel.
    I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Welcome to the forum 5starafm. Become very very familiar with your state storage statutes. Saves headaches
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

thank you for the welcome and the link but when i click on the link it does not have anything to do with my question. the reason i asked is i have customers coming in saying they are being told by other facility's that insurance is a state law and is required. I didn't see anything in the Michigan storage act 148.

Comment

They may be telling them that because it is the facility policy and not the state statutes. Either way, you need to become familiar with ALL of your state's statutes. Or someone here will help that is in Michigan.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by 5starafm View Post
            thank you for the welcome and the link but when i click on the link it does not have anything to do with my question. the reason i asked is i have customers coming in saying they are being told by other facility's that insurance is a state law and is required. I didn't see anything in the Michigan storage act 148.
            You don't see specific answers to your questions because they just do not exist.
            Sounds like the "other" properties are lying to their tenants.
            You can absolutely use this to your advantage!

Requiring protection is more than likely "highly recomended"
            and as far as the "supplying a title"
            For the msot part, we all require it!
            We need to see the title and make a copy, it is just so that we can determine if there is a lien on said vehicle in the event that unit goes unpaid and said vehicle need sto be listed for auction/lien/sale.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

ok guys thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by 5starafm View Post
                hi can anyone tell me if it is a michigan law that storage customers must have storage insurance? any help would be appreciated
                also is it a law in michigan that a storage customer must present a title to a vehicle being stored?
                Not a requirement in Michigan to have insurance for your personal belongings - so definitely NOT a state law.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DairyGirl
                  Reply to Stop bothering me
                  DairyGirl
                  They're the same people who have all day to go to the grocery store and wait until closing to show up, then knock on the doors expecting to be let in. Or show up before opening expecting to be let in. They think their time is more valuable than anyone else's and don't care how it affects others....
                  Today, 09:39 AM
                • lighthousealarms
                  Reply to Pro Rating Lease suggestions
                  lighthousealarms
                  I too am an owner operator of a smaller facility. When I purchased this facility the previous owner had the due dates all over the map. I found that system very hard to work with. So I gradually moved all the current tenants to first of the month and made all the new ones first of the
                  month....
                  Today, 09:22 AM
                • Steve_hajewski
                  Reply to Pro Rating Lease suggestions
                  Steve_hajewski
                  I feel like for a small site, especially one managed by the owner who runs the storage units as a side job (yes I am talking about myself here) that 1st of the month billing works well. The reasons:
                  - Calculating a prorated amount for current partial month is no big deal. I just use a calculator...
                  Today, 07:34 AM
                Working...
                X