New to this site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this site

I am a manager of a 224 mini storage in Canada BC. Love reading what other managers are up against in this day to day business. Its seems we all have some of the same problems. I have learnt to always get the clients credit card even though they choose to pay cash or debit. Sign contracts in the office with their driver licence and car licence on the contract. ( not that that always works when trying to get payment if not paying by credit card).
    We have onsite resident which is better sometimes than security cameras ( we have none). Our hours of operation are 8am-6pm. Gates are locked after those hours.

Welcome to the forum Diana.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Welcome Diana, we're happy to have you join in.
      Gina 6k
      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
      storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Welcome aboard. So much info available here.
        Joe Krezdorn
        DAK Self Storage
        Leesport, PA 19533
        www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Hi Diana, welcome to the forums!
          Kevin Kerr
          Self Storage Software by Storage Commander
          Kevin@storagecommander.com
          Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• CuriousNewbie
            Reply to Where to start?
            CuriousNewbie
            Steve: I am looking into various land parcels and considering all the options there. The city is growing in several different direction, and is big enough that they certainly don't overlap very much. I was looking at a specific parcel for a while, until I zoomed out and realized there was a facility...
            Yesterday, 05:32 PM
          • Steve_hajewski
            Reply to Exterior Design Ideas - Single Level Facility
            Steve_hajewski
            Take a look at recently constructed retail space and medical offices in your area for inspiration. Those buildings will often have some great ideas with high end appeal.

Of the sites I have seen recently that really pop, I think some of the items that are in common are taller horizontal...
            Yesterday, 04:39 PM
          • pacnwstorage
            Reply to Curiosity
            pacnwstorage
            At last facility I had indoor units with a camera in the hallway. I had a lady tenant that had a unit under the camera and I could see her great. She would lock her unit to go and walk the distance of the hallway and even get the door at the end open to leave and would then walk back to unit to check...
            Yesterday, 02:12 PM
          Working...
          X