Storage Units in Separate Remote Locations in a Rural Area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Units in Separate Remote Locations in a Rural Area

Hi I am a manager in rural area. We have 4 separate locations, each about 5 miles from the other, with one central office location. We were thinking about changing office hours and only opening in the morning till noon and just staying on call the rest of the day. We normally sign on new tenants over the phone by using our online software anyway. We normally only have people come into our office just to make cash payment. Does anyone have a similar situation/ experience? And how do you normally operate on a day to day basis? Thank!

I have 2 facilities about 5 miles apart with an office in one. Rural area. @ 90% of my rentals are online as well.

I just have office hours by appointment and post my cell #. Only 1 of my 5 competitors has regular office hours. I've found that managing expectations with the customer/tenant is the key. I drive through both locations twice daily and check the office drop box for payments. I generally spent 2-3 half-days in the office catching up on bills, payments and doing collections calls (as well as mowing, spraying and sweeping out vacant units). Seems to work pretty well for me.
    Last edited by redbird; 9th August 2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
      Reply to After auction dilema
      pacnwstorage
      What they did was strip out the good stuff and left the trash for you to take care of. That is exactly why you should charge at least a $100 cash deposit that you can refund when you inspect the unit after they take everything and do it in the agreed upon time frame. I charge $200. I also now do the...
      Today, 02:30 PM
    • Penelope
      After auction dilema
      Penelope
      We auctioned a unit. We gave them 3 days to clean it out. They asked for and extension. We gave them 2 additional days. They were in the unit the same day as the auction and put their lock on it. Now it is 10 days later. They have not been back in and are not returning calls. Any suggestions?...
      Today, 01:57 PM
    • jsparkyii
      Reply to I had ONE Mad Manager this morning
      jsparkyii
      Make it hurt to be a lowlife, lazy, trash leaving thug!
      Today, 01:02 PM
    Working...
    X