Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once upon a website . . .

Greetings Y'all!

I'm new here and wanted to just take a second to say 'Hey'. I've been working in the self storage industry since May ( yes, this May 2018 ) ; so I am pretty brand new to all things Self-Storage related. Luckily for me I don't have to deal directly with tenants or make any big decisions about how the company is run. I handle all things digital: website, social media, newsletters, print marketing and whatever else falls my way. I joined this community in the hopes of learning new things and making some industry savvy friends.

That being said, what's one thing you know now you wish someone had told you sooner?

I look forward to hearing from you, Happy Friday!
    - Meaux

Welcome to the industry and the forums Meaux!

You seem to have a pretty good background in digital technology and marketing that can definitely go a long way here. Feel free to share your experiences as you learn to adapt your skills to self-storage!

And thank you for reminding me: Happy Friday.
    Kevin Kerr
    Self Storage Software by Storage Commander
    Kevin@storagecommander.com
    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Thanks . Already getting into the readings and adding my two cents

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I was in the auto repair industry for over 30 years as a service manager. 2 year off and then hired in to self storage. I wish I would have been told long ago that self storage deals with so many different types of people from all walks of life. What a long strange trip it's been. Love the job but not some of the tenants. Most by far are great but there are plenty of users.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Thanks . I excited to find out more, reading the archives now to learn about some stuff and things. Lots of knowledge to be found here for sure.

Comment

Welcome and dont be afraid to turn away tenants

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
              Welcome and dont be afraid to turn away tenants
              Thanks Grizz . I'll keep that in mind, but thankfully I don't have any face to face interactions

Comment

Welcome Welcome Welcome. You have a different position than most here so that makes your input opportunities very unique and very welcomed!!

I do not have one particular thing I wish I would have known then that I know now. Our industry has changed tremendously over the years and opportunities for growth and education never stop. I remember when no one had websites, there was no social media and no one had email addresses. We did all of our advertising in the Yellow Pages. Invoices were mailed. Crazy to see how far we have come.

I wish you the best of luck!
                Stephanie Tharpe
                Senior VP of Operations
                A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
                Nashville, TN
                http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                www.tnssa.net

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
                  Welcome Welcome Welcome. You have a different position than most here so that makes your input opportunities very unique and very welcomed!! . . .
                  Thanks Stephanie! Yes I was just having a discussion today about AOL disks and dial-up. A lot certainly has changed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                    Reply to After auction dilema
                    pacnwstorage
                    What they did was strip out the good stuff and left the trash for you to take care of. That is exactly why you should charge at least a $100 cash deposit that you can refund when you inspect the unit after they take everything and do it in the agreed upon time frame. I charge $200. I also now do the...
                    Today, 02:30 PM
                  • Penelope
                    After auction dilema
                    Penelope
                    We auctioned a unit. We gave them 3 days to clean it out. They asked for and extension. We gave them 2 additional days. They were in the unit the same day as the auction and put their lock on it. Now it is 10 days later. They have not been back in and are not returning calls. Any suggestions?...
                    Today, 01:57 PM
                  • jsparkyii
                    Reply to I had ONE Mad Manager this morning
                    jsparkyii
                    Make it hurt to be a lowlife, lazy, trash leaving thug!
                    Today, 01:02 PM
                  Working...
                  X