New to the Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum!

Hey all! Been a long time lurker! I run a self storage facility in Phoenix, AZ. Yes, it's hot!

Glad to be here!

~Spam

Welcome Spam! I had a friend just move to Glendale-he was a relief manager here. And hot, ha ha ha, like hell is hot. I've been to AZ in the summer.
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Welcome! Never had the pleasure of enduring any AZ heat.. But I spent my first 32 years in Houston. The best way i've heard it is "take a hot shower, don't dry off, put your clothes back on and you will know what Houston is like"

Comment

Yeah, but AZ is a 'dry heat'....if you compare the same temp between Houston (or Charlotte, or Atlanta) and Arizona, you'l see the difference due to the humidity. Dry heat is different, like standing in an oven, no lie.
        (like it matters, lol-it's STILL HOT)
        When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Orkocean View Post
          Welcome! Never had the pleasure of enduring any AZ heat.. But I spent my first 32 years in Houston. The best way i've heard it is "take a hot shower, don't dry off, put your clothes back on and you will know what Houston is like"
          I was in Houston to help with Hurricane Harvey relief. The site I helped out was a 100% loss.... tragic. Dickenson and Chema were terrible, too.

Comment

During Harvey I was running a site in Nacogdoches, out of the reach of Harvey but we were still getting business because of it. I grew up in Pasadena *urban cowboy movie* which is SE of Houston. Gone through quite a few floods in my years there.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Spam!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and keep that heat to yourself, dry heat or not.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spamsammich View Post
                  Hey all! Been a long time lurker! I run a self storage facility in Phoenix, AZ. Yes, it's hot!

Glad to be here!

~Spam
                  Welcome Spamsammich, Are you new to the industry or do you have some experience with storage? I lived and worked in AZ for 8 years, working for U-STOR as their area manager for the Tucson stores.I do not miss that heat!
                  You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Welcome Spamsammich
                    Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Welcome and I'm curious... how do you build your spamsammich?
                      Gina 6k
                      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                      [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Hello spamsammich!! Seems almost wrong to be messaging you with a name like that - LOL!

Comment

Nothing better than your favorite "sammich" when you want one and I still love Spam. Fried and cut thick, sourdough bread that is toasted, lots/gobs of mayo, cheddar cheese, lettuce and a thick slice of "mato". Lots of napkins. Best is with cheddar cheese flavored Pringles and cold from the fridge beer.
                          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bighank
                            Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
                            by Bighank
                            Idaho has nice. I tell everyone that God built mice better than my ability to get rid of them. When someone says "You have mice?" I look them in the eye and say, "yes." I ask them if they see al the hawks and falcons flying around and ever wonder what they feed on. Most are...
                            Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                          • KrisinNC
                            Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                            by KrisinNC
                            This facility doesn't have a lot of landscape-weed-whacking and picking up trash, no lawn etc. So maintenance handles it. Last facility we had a landscaping company and they mowed, cleaned up leaves, branches and even removed snow if needed....
                            Yesterday, 07:06 PM
                          • Beebop
                            Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
                            by Beebop
                            Our maintenance man use to have to trim the bushes until the owner hired a landscaping company to do it....
                            Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                          Working...
                          X