Bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus

I read some where that property managers receive bonus money. What is that bases on? Any info would be appreciated.

There are many different bonus plans but not all properties have them. If we make a percentage over the previous year we get a bonus. We used to have occupancy bonuses & merchandise sales bonuses. Revenue might be the most common, I am interested to know what others have.
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

At last facility I had bonuses for any increases month to month compared to the last year. I had merchandise sales bonus. I also got a % of the late fee collection. I also got a Christmas bonus.

At this facility I get no bonuses except for Christmas and that is a sizable bonus for sure. The other bonus type money I get is that at least once or twice a year the owners go thru their units here and move new items in to them and takes out what they don't want and put in a separate unit and I sell all that to whoever I want and pocket the money. My salary and living quarters for free are payment enough to me.
      Last edited by pacnwstorage; 13th September 2019, 01:09 PM.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We get a nice Christmas bonus. It's mostly based on performance, sales, rentals, and what we bring in on extra charges like clean up fees, etc.The owners also give us Boston Market Thanksgiving dinners each year, it's not monetary, but still great!

Comment

We get several different types of bonuses: Income percentage over last years income for the month we are in. Delinquency below 2% is a higher bonus than delinquency between 3-7%, monthly. We also get a Skillcheck bonus if we score over a certain percentage on our secret shopper calls. We do get a Christmas bonus based on the number of years worked for the company, and for my birthday I got a card signed by all at home office and a Starbucks gift card. Depending on rentals, income and delinquencies my monthly bonus can be anywhere from $0 to the most I have seen was a little over $500.
          Last edited by wc1974; 13th September 2019, 02:08 PM.
          You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I don't know of all the bonuses we offer but I do know that one is for doing all the paperwork on time for the quarter. I found it sort of shocking at how many people just don't turn in the paperwork. But its an easy way for the responsible ones to make some extra $$

Comment

I think it s great that someone gets a bonus for doing paperwork on time BUT I actually thought that was a stipulation of any job that requires paperwork. If I said that to the owner, "I'll do my paperwork on time if you give me a bonus", he might die laughing at me. LOL!

Comment

We get a commission on lock sales and a percentage of fees collected. Plus a Ham at Christmas and a Fred Myer gift card. But, I am with Pacman, free rent and salary? I am cool with that.

Comment

Yea, free rent on 1200 square foot vaulted ceiling home that had all appliances replaced when I took over 6 years ago, free utilities and a great salary.

Comment

You guys a killing me....

Comment

I fell in to this job and got very lucky. I think it is because of me being such a nice person and my quiet demeanor.

Comment

My husbands facility owners gives him half of all U-haul proceeds as a bonus each month ( usually doubling his salary every month, except for the winter months when things slow down.) They also give a nice Christmas bonus, along with a huge Costco type gift basket full of treats.
                        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

My first facility used to give us a turkey at Thanksgiving and $50, a choice of turkey or ham at Christmas and a $100 cash at Christmas.
                          When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                            I fell in to this job and got very lucky. I think it is because of me being such a nice person and my quiet demeanor.

laughing.jpglaughing.jpg
                            Attached Files
                            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

In our company, the managers may receive quarterly bonuses.
                              This is based on
                              Rental income collected.
                              Late fees collected.
                              Retail sold.
                              Service fees collected. (such as dumpster fee or 24-hour access)

We also can receive bonuses based on meeting a predetermined move-in goal and selling the protection plan.

We also do receive a Christmas bonus.

The company that I currently work for are a very generous bunch, I must say.
                              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Storman
                                Reply to monopoly from sitelink/sparefoot/StorEdge
                                by Storman
                                feels a little like Stockholm Syndrome. By feeding these aggregators we're hurting our own industry. In the name of possibly increasing occupancy percentage we're giving away a large slice of our income and future viability. Income that we as the business developers, owners and operators have taken...
                                Yesterday, 11:38 PM
                              • Merman
                                by Merman
                                I definitely had more rentals with Sparefoot. I was using Storedge as well. A big question to ask each person once the reservation comes in is how long they plan to store for. Each time a Sparefoot reservation rents for 1 month and takes off, you're losing money. I would politely decline those reservations....
                                Yesterday, 09:00 PM
                              • IceBox
                                by IceBox
                                Following up on this, just wondering if anyone is having success with Sparefoot/Storable Marketplace for renting up a new facility. It makes sense to try and be visible everywhere you possibly can be, especially for a newer facility or expansion, but I do see some of the downfalls:

A) sparefoot/storable...
                                Yesterday, 06:08 PM
                              Working...
                              X