Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from San Antonio, Texas!

Hello folks,

I am brand new to the industry and am so happy that this forum exists, I have learned so much already! I currently manage a storage facility with warehouse space, office space, self storage space, outdoor parking, and covered parking. I am trying to be as hands on as possible to get the business to where it needs to be, starting with our management software. We are currently using Winsen Property Manager that is under the Sentinel umbrella, I am hoping to move to a cloud based system and am wondering what everyone else would recommend? I am looking at Rent Manager, StorEdge, and the Platinum Property Manager through Sentinel. In the future I am hoping to use this software platform for other commercial properties that I acquire. Any suggestions would be great!

I am excited to join such an active forum and booming industry, please feel free to PM me with any tips for an industry "Newbie."

Thank you for your time,

Manuel Brown

Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Have fun here and ask as many questions as your fingers can type.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Welcome to the forum and we are glad that you have found us!

I use storEDGE and highly recommend them!
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Welcome... my wife and I are originally from the Schertz area. Can't help much with your question though.

Comment

Welcome, We use Sitelink, switched to StorEdge and then went back to Sitelink. Old management liked Sitelink better. I have seen on the other forum that StorEdge people are having trouble getting quick responses to problems. Good Luck with your quest!

Comment

Originally posted by Beebop View Post
            Welcome, We use Sitelink, switched to StorEdge and then went back to Sitelink. Old management liked Sitelink better. I have seen on the other forum that StorEdge people are having trouble getting quick responses to problems. Good Luck with your quest!
            Thank you for the honest reply! I have seen those posts about StorEdge's lack of immediate support, which is concerning to me. Sitelink and StorEdge operate under the same umbrella, one would think that support would be similar for both softwares.

Comment

There is always QuikStor. very prompt response for help.
              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

manuelbrown Welcome! I was so excited to see your post. We are breaking ground on a new facility is San Antonio this summer. Also the National Self Storage Association show is there in March and I am going. I absolutely love San Antonio!!

I can recommend SiteLink and Storage Commander. The two best out there in my opinion.

Looking forward to hearing more from you on the forum!
                Stephanie Tharpe
                President
                A+ Management Group, LP
                Nashville, TN
                www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                www.tnssa.net

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
                  manuelbrown Welcome! I was so excited to see your post. We are breaking ground on a new facility is San Antonio this summer. Also the National Self Storage Association show is there in March and I am going. I absolutely love San Antonio!!

I can recommend SiteLink and Storage Commander. The two best out there in my opinion.

Looking forward to hearing more from you on the forum!
                  MusicCity Gal Thank you for your response! I plan on attending the show, so maybe we will be able to meet in person. I know a lot of good spots in town, and now that you're going to be setting up shop here you'll need some places to have in your back pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by manuelbrown View Post

MusicCity Gal Thank you for your response! I plan on attending the show, so maybe we will be able to meet in person. I know a lot of good spots in town, and now that you're going to be setting up shop here you'll need some places to have in your back pocket!
                    Fantastic!! I cant wait to meet you.
                    Stephanie Tharpe
                    President
                    A+ Management Group, LP
                    Nashville, TN
                    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                    www.tnssa.net

Comment

Hello, San Antonio!

Our self storage career began in Houston, and we are very fond of SA.

Interestingly, my company seems to be among a few (at least as represented here in the forums) to use Yardi, formerly known as Centershift. Although I'm unfamiliar with SiteLink and Storage Commander, I can genuinely warn against WebSelfStorage, which is U-Haul's account management system. I find it awkward in its functionality and there are a lot of crashes.
                      "Anything worth doing, is worth doing right." ~Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Welcome from Alaska

Comment

Welcome from Anderson, SC We use Easy Storage. They have a great response team. Even if I call and hang up without leaving a message they call me back. I wish their reports and site had a little better tracking of information, but overall pretty good.

Comment

Welcome to the forum We use storEdge Has its problems at times, but they all do from time to time
                            Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Welcome. Great bunch of folks here. Good luck in your profession.
                              Joe Krezdorn
                              DAK Self Storage
                              Leesport, PA 19533
                              www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X