Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbering The New Facilty Need suggestions PLEASE

Hello....Hope evryone is doing well
    Well we are still not open yet,pending business license(due to pending landscaping)no power,due to things moving at a slowww pace ( Power company working with mininal employees)no Cox ,due to County offices working from home ,so no permit yet.

I am trying to figure out how in the world to # my facility?I have 3 buidings,A which consists of 121 units on the 1st.floor, one hallway does not loop,3 do,136 units on the 2nd floor, then 21 10x20's (6 on the front and 15 at the back,B building has 35 10x20's and C building has 22 12.5x30s .Shaped like an L .B is where the office is located,and that is where you exit,entrance is at the beginning of C and front of A.
    Just a different layout.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can you post a diagram? I'm confused. (totally get how everything is pushed back-what a mess)
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

My suggestion is Floor #1 or Building 1, all units start with a 1 and are four digits. Floor #2 or Building 2 starts with a 2 and Floor #3 or Building 3 starts with a 3. That way there are no real duplicate numbers and if a client asks you where their unit is and they say their unit is 3204 you know it's 3rd floor or building #3 unit 204. Hope this helps.
      Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Good morning,
        Thanks so much! Yes I will post a diagram .

Comment

This one has a little more info.the one hallway on the first floor,does not loop,it stops at the end,the others allow to go from hallway to the next.

Comment

I"d start at the office and go around the perimeter-then I'd start at the elevator and do consecutive -up, then down each hallway.

WA State

Comment

Lol, I missed the second one-more details indeed. Give me a second and I'll take a look at it.

WA State

Comment

Whatever you decide on, use a pencil so you can erase and change as needed.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Okay-each building is labeled, so unit #s should start that way A101 or 1001 and keep going. I'd start at the office and number from there. If you want to delineate the larger units, then make those the 'B1001 B1002 etc. and keep the regular units as A101 A102 etc. Keep unit numbers sequential on one side then go to the other side in a hallway.
                  For the love of your manager, don't let anyone drink before this gets done. (I'm kidding but sometimes you wonder)
                  I actually saw one facility that numbered the end units W102 etc. for west and the E for east end of building but that can get confusing.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                    Whatever you decide on, use a pencil so you can erase and change as needed.
                    YES-make 3 or 4 copies so you can scribble ideas to your hearts content. Just make sure to throw the bad ones away..

WA State

Comment

As you number think about how you will do a walk through. I find so often that folks not in operations just throw numbers out there and don't make it very efficient when it comes to the day to day operations.
                      Like others have already suggested break the building down by buildings and start building A or 1 with A001 or 1000 and change to B001 or 2000 and keep ripping.

If you haven't already found a shop to print your numbers, we have used Three Ducklings Designs for our last 5 projects and have been really happy with their product and cost: [email protected] is their email address they usually have them done and shipped in about 3 weeks time.
                      Chasing Perfection to catch Excellence

Comment

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!Hope everyone has a funtabulous week-end/holiday.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X