Newbie question about RV/Boat Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question about RV/Boat Storage

I have been looking for a year or so on how to determine how many units I can store on 7 acres of land. I assume 45' spaces as well as some 25' spaces for boats. Is there a software you can use to determine this or does anyone know of a company that can do these type of site layouts? Thank you for your help.

I don't know of a software to use besides using the measuring tools in Google Earth or Google maps.

You can hire a site planner, but that takes all the fun away, LOL.

I usually just come up with a bunch of configurations and think about them for a while until I come up with an optimal design.

With RV/Boat storage, driveways are important, so you have to plan for much larger driveways than what you would encounter in traditional self storage facilities.

Comment

In my experience people who own RV's, Travel Trailers, and boats are the worst drivers when it comes to backing up. I would STRONGLY recommend designing a facility where it could be pull through. Are you thinking fully enclosed units or a canopy? Will your market support your prices? Campers and boaters are some of the cheapest people on the planet when it comes to storing their pride and joy.

Comment

It will be outdoor storage. The market is strong in the area but I am not sure we will offer enclosed for at least 5 years. The driveways would have to be I think at least 12 foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
          It will be outdoor storage. The market is strong in the area but I am not sure we will offer enclosed for at least 5 years. The driveways would have to be I think at least 12 foot.
          You should visit a really nice one and see how they're doing it. How large the spaces are and what kinds. Back in spaces for smaller things like bass boats/cars etc would be great too.
          "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
          Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
          Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
            The driveways would have to be I think at least 12 foot.
            I don't own a Boat/RV facility, but I do lease a space in one for my 22 foot boat. The drive aisles at that facility are 50 feet wide and I regulary see other tenants bashing into door frames and bollards. Twelve feet isn't nearly enough.
            Last edited by RHS_TX; 22 October 2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X