Software for sending bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for sending bills?

Hello I am new to the business and closing on 60 units in a few days. Wondering if anyone can suggest a software for sending monthly bills? The owners now use quickbooks and mail invoices to the clients that pay monthly. Quickbooks went to monthly subscriptions now and I don't know if that is necessary for the amount of units? I was thinking a one time purchase software might make more sense, or not? Also does anyone have a new ownership letter handy that I can send to all the clients? Thank you for any information

I forgot to ad that currently they are only accepting checks and cash. It would only make sense I assume to accept other forms of payment which might be included or added to software?

Comment

We use Sitelink and it takes care of all of that. With you having a smaller operation you might benefit from a different software company though. I hear Storage Commander is good. This would also take care of accepting card payments and online payments.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

You will normally have two software packages for your self storage business. Most businesses will have Quickbooks for the accounting end of things. Your expenses, depreciation, assets etc all get tracked there. Your accountant will need access to the data, hence the reason the cloud version is handy. Also, hard drives fail. So having it based in the cloud will save you when (not if - when) that happens to you. You could use it for billing your clients, but it will lack the features of management software developed for our industry.

Management software (Such as Sitelink, Syrasoft, StorageCommander etc) is your "Point of sale" system. It tracks your clients, who is in what unit, recievables, reservations and more. If does monthly credit card billing, and can power your web site's online move in system. Most of these are also cloud based, and may be priced in a sliding scale depending on how many units you have.

Many of the costs and tasks of running a storage business are roughly the same whether you 60 or 300 units.... part of why it's so much more attractive to grow the business to a few hundred units.

Here's a helpful video on the topic: https://youtu.be/j3I6ePq6GxA

Steve

Comment

Thank you, sounds like it's just time to get up to date. But then is it cost effective for a small operation. Something I need to decide. I would love to ad a couple hundred more but two bigger operations keep adding every year also. One has to wonder how many can this small town support. Thank you, that helps me understand a little better about the softwares

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_hajewski View Post
              You will normally have two software packages for your self storage business. Most businesses will have Quickbooks for the accounting end of things. Your expenses, depreciation, assets etc all get tracked there. Your accountant will need access to the data, hence the reason the cloud version is handy. Also, hard drives fail. So having it based in the cloud will save you when (not if - when) that happens to you. You could use it for billing your clients, but it will lack the features of management software developed for our industry.

Management software (Such as Sitelink, Syrasoft, StorageCommander etc) is your "Point of sale" system. It tracks your clients, who is in what unit, recievables, reservations and more. If does monthly credit card billing, and can power your web site's online move in system. Most of these are also cloud based, and may be priced in a sliding scale depending on how many units you have.

Many of the costs and tasks of running a storage business are roughly the same whether you 60 or 300 units.... part of why it's so much more attractive to grow the business to a few hundred units.

Here's a helpful video on the topic: https://youtu.be/j3I6ePq6GxA

Steve
              I am going to keep my quickbooks desktop version as long as I can. I use quickbooks payroll for my employees, and I have had multiple businesses for years. From when I talked to a quickbooks rep recently, I would need a different subscription for each company file that I have. I update 5 different company files on a regular basis 2 of them have payroll. Right now with payroll subscription costs, and having to upgrade the desktop version every 2 years I pay about 600 a year.

If I switch to the cheapest online plan I am looking at about $1300 per year. This is for 5 monthly essential plans, 2 with basic payroll. I am sure my reports would be lacking compared to the options I have now, so it may make me want to pay even more.

Comment

Originally posted by RODINWI View Post
                Thank you, sounds like it's just time to get up to date. But then is it cost effective for a small operation. Something I need to decide. I would love to ad a couple hundred more but two bigger operations keep adding every year also. One has to wonder how many can this small town support. Thank you, that helps me understand a little better about the softwares
                Honestly, it's up to you whether it makes sense for your business, but I can tell you that we have users with businesses as small as 20 units that find benefit in still having a management software. On the other hand, there are people that have 100-200 units that have been managing their facility without software for decades and don't want to change. it really boils down to preference and what you hope to get out of it in my opinion.
                Kevin Kerr
                Storage Commander Cloud Software
                k[email protected]
                Toll Free: 877.672.6257
                Direct: 951.867.4732

Comment

Check out 6 storage software. You won't find a cheaper software. I have it. It has a few bugs and seems to be work in progress but they are constantly improving it and it does what I need it to do. It does include a website and the ability to take credit cards through the website and autopay with credit cards. As far as using it on your phone I find it pretty useless but hopefully that changes. They don't charge maintenance fees and you can always get a hold of someone if you have issues. You can try it free and see if you like it before you buy it. They also have an extensive library of how to videos on their software.

https://www.6storage.com/

Comment

I use ESS for a small un-manned facility. $60/month and roughly 2.2% for merchant processing. Software does all renting, billing, late fees, lien notices, reporting and direct deposits into my bank account. Best money I could have spent.

Comment

Thank you very much!!

Comment

Do you know about how to expect to pay for software for about 60 units that would also have a website?

Comment

How much to pay? Sorry for the typo

Comment

The advantage to a storage specific software is that it not only does rentals, invoicing, payments, move-outs, etc, but it also tracks delinquency, saves all the forms that you send to tenants, and keeps all your numbers over the years. Some of them offer gate control too.
                            I cannot recommend enough that you research these programs. There should be something available for your size of facility with room to grow. Storage Commander, Yardi, and there are others out there. I have been with Sitelink for 15 years and cant speak highly enough. Their product and tech support are excellent. If you want to enjoy managing a facility, get a good management program. And good luck in your new venture. I hope you enjoy yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
                              Check out 6 storage software. You won't find a cheaper software. I have it. It has a few bugs and seems to be work in progress but they are constantly improving it and it does what I need it to do. It does include a website and the ability to take credit cards through the website and autopay with credit cards. As far as using it on your phone I find it pretty useless but hopefully that changes. They don't charge maintenance fees and you can always get a hold of someone if you have issues. You can try it free and see if you like it before you buy it. They also have an extensive library of how to videos on their software.

https://www.6storage.com/
                              That was a good piece of information.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X