Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic locks - Noke vs. PTI vs. DaVinci

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Electronic locks - Noke vs. PTI vs. DaVinci

    I would like feedback from people who have used Noke One and PTI Door Boss systems. I could justify the price of the Noke system if I knew it would work every time, but I read that it fails at least occasionally, which would be a big problem for me as a remote manager. I am starting to think the DaVinci system is the way to go, even though placing overlocks would still have to be done manually. It looks like SiteLink works automatically with DaVinci to send unlock codes when delinquent payments are made and new customers rent units. How many overlocks can I expect to place per month on my upcoming facility in western North Carolina? Any one having 100% performance with Noke or PTI?

  • #2
    I'm a remote owner, using Da Vinci Locks, and so far that system has worked great for me. I go to my facility once a week, and typically I'll have these lock tasks on my list:

    1) Remove any returned locks from the dropbox and desginate them as "available"
    2) Overlock a late tenant and add that lock code to their unit notes in ESS
    3) Walk-through (leaf blower) and re-lock any vacated unit and enter that lock code in the unit notes in ESS

    When a new customer rents, or a late tenant pays up, those unlock codes are sent to them automatically. Can't imagine how many trips Da Vinci has saved me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks RHS. I wonder if it is possible to get customers to place a DaVinci lock on a unit when they vacate, as part of the checkout procedure.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jacques View Post
        Thanks RHS. I wonder if it is possible to get customers to place a DaVinci lock on a unit when they vacate, as part of the checkout procedure.
        You'd still have to meet up with them to give it to them to put on!
        MamaDuke

        Comment


        • #5
          MamaDuke, I was thinking maybe a rack of open locks could be stored near the drop box. Probably asking too much, LOL.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, I wouldn't do that. Also they'd have to report the correct serial number back to you to be sure it's in your system correctly. And I don't think someone moving out would be bothered!
            MamaDuke

            Comment


            • #7
              That makes sense. I'm learning!

              Comment


              • #8
                Training tenants is like training cats. It ~can~ be done, but it's difficult and there's litterbox issues.
                "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
                Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
                Always sunny in California

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post
                  Training tenants is like training cats. It ~can~ be done, but it's difficult and there's litterbox issues.
                  love it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have about the same routine as RHS_TX. Remote manage, visit each week (less if slow), DaVinci locks, Easy Storage.

                    Each visit I am doing some of the following:
                    - Look for move outs that haven't notified us (yeah, about 30% of people just take their lock and leave) - gets the unit rentable faster.
                    - Trash pickup
                    - Spray weeds, fill mouse bait
                    - Pickup office door payment drop-offs
                    - Delete old gate codes & create new ones if needed
                    - Overlock units or unlock
                    - Meet new customers that like to see the unit first and sign in person

                    I have a few cameras I can monitor gate activity with. If I see a truck leave filled with stuff and no move out in the system then I probably have an empty unit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      order davinci locks a while back, we actually just started setting them up and did our 1st trial run..... FAILED.... having issues with the payments. 1) problem for us is we have a ton of tenants that just straight up refuse to put a card on file in sitelink (which is necessary with davinci), 2) another problem is placing a card on file in sitelink is all correct, when you go to the davincilockrelease.com, pull up the account, it shows the correct last four digits of the credit card but it changes the expiration date from what is shown in sitelink. Example sitelink shows exp. date as 07/2025 (matches the card) in davincilockrelease.com it shows the last four digits are correct but the exp. date shows 08/2025. It literally bumps the expiration up 1 month, which is causing the payment to be declined. 3) Locks are not cheap but cheaper than the noke etc. 4.) contacted davinci for support and emailed back and forth a few times, blame is being put on sitelink..and problem has not been resolved, so far wasted money on locks that we can't use efficiently.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GM - StacieJ. - BSS View Post
                        order davinci locks a while back, we actually just started setting them up and did our 1st trial run..... FAILED.... having issues with the payments. 1) problem for us is we have a ton of tenants that just straight up refuse to put a card on file in sitelink (which is necessary with davinci), 2) another problem is placing a card on file in sitelink is all correct, when you go to the davincilockrelease.com, pull up the account, it shows the correct last four digits of the credit card but it changes the expiration date from what is shown in sitelink. Example sitelink shows exp. date as 07/2025 (matches the card) in davincilockrelease.com it shows the last four digits are correct but the exp. date shows 08/2025. It literally bumps the expiration up 1 month, which is causing the payment to be declined. 3) Locks are not cheap but cheaper than the noke etc. 4.) contacted davinci for support and emailed back and forth a few times, blame is being put on sitelink..and problem has not been resolved, so far wasted money on locks that we can't use efficiently.
                        We just have the payments processed in Sitelink. It still triggers DaVinci to send the code to the customer to remove the lock.
                        MamaDuke

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

                          We just have the payments processed in Sitelink. It still triggers DaVinci to send the code to the customer to remove the lock.
                          OMG.....thank you MamaDuke....Hmmmm wonder why Davinci just didn't explain that to us... we weren't thrilled about having to notify the tenants that they would either have to go to the davinci site or download the app to make a payment. I'm super stoke to try it again but this time making the payments right through our website...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't have payments integrated with Davinci. I just type the lock code into the unit notes with ESS, and when the customer rents and pays they get an auto generated email with their temporary gate code and the davinci unlock code. Works like a charm and no chance for software conflicts between ESS and Davinci

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RHS_TX View Post
                              I don't have payments integrated with Davinci. I just type the lock code into the unit notes with ESS, and when the customer rents and pays they get an auto generated email with their temporary gate code and the davinci unlock code. Works like a charm and no chance for software conflicts between ESS and Davinci
                              By typing the code into the unit notes, does that somehow appear on the receipt? We have sitelink and anything I type in unit notes will not show up on the receipt. I would love to figure out how to utilize the davinci locks. thank you in advance.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X