Electronic locks - Noke vs. PTI vs. DaVinci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic locks - Noke vs. PTI vs. DaVinci

I would like feedback from people who have used Noke One and PTI Door Boss systems. I could justify the price of the Noke system if I knew it would work every time, but I read that it fails at least occasionally, which would be a big problem for me as a remote manager. I am starting to think the DaVinci system is the way to go, even though placing overlocks would still have to be done manually. It looks like SiteLink works automatically with DaVinci to send unlock codes when delinquent payments are made and new customers rent units. How many overlocks can I expect to place per month on my upcoming facility in western North Carolina? Any one having 100% performance with Noke or PTI?

I'm a remote owner, using Da Vinci Locks, and so far that system has worked great for me. I go to my facility once a week, and typically I'll have these lock tasks on my list:

1) Remove any returned locks from the dropbox and desginate them as "available"
    2) Overlock a late tenant and add that lock code to their unit notes in ESS
    3) Walk-through (leaf blower) and re-lock any vacated unit and enter that lock code in the unit notes in ESS

When a new customer rents, or a late tenant pays up, those unlock codes are sent to them automatically. Can't imagine how many trips Da Vinci has saved me.

Comment

Thanks RHS. I wonder if it is possible to get customers to place a DaVinci lock on a unit when they vacate, as part of the checkout procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques View Post
        Thanks RHS. I wonder if it is possible to get customers to place a DaVinci lock on a unit when they vacate, as part of the checkout procedure.
        You'd still have to meet up with them to give it to them to put on!
        MamaDuke

Comment

MamaDuke, I was thinking maybe a rack of open locks could be stored near the drop box. Probably asking too much, LOL.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't do that. Also they'd have to report the correct serial number back to you to be sure it's in your system correctly. And I don't think someone moving out would be bothered!
            MamaDuke

Comment

That makes sense. I'm learning!

Comment

Training tenants is like training cats. It ~can~ be done, but it's difficult and there's litterbox issues.
                "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
                Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
                Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post
                  Training tenants is like training cats. It ~can~ be done, but it's difficult and there's litterbox issues.
                  love it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X