Newbie here cold calls on storage units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here cold calls on storage units

I have been listening to podcasts on the sweaty startup and thinking about cold calling small storage units. My question is are y'all getting hounded by people asking to buy? I have friends who own apartment complexes and are getting 2-3 calls a day.

We are and it's irritating lol. If we're not listed for sale, stop calling. We'll get flyers to sell, also. I had a guy walk in and already had a guaranteed offer printed on paperwork to give the owners. That one was offensive to me...he had no idea what our occupancy, rates, revenue, anything was. I say, if you're looking to purchase, maybe start with the places for sale.

Comment

I get an occasional letter in the mail, very rarely will I get a cold call.
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

We get cold calls, emails & letters, glad it is not just us. Seems like it is every few months that it blows up. I feel like people do not get into this business to turn around and sell it. Maybe focus on those that want to retire/get out or the young ones that purchased & got in over their head. OR cold call the realtors & see what they have or know of. The ones that are looking to get out but haven't quite made the decision yet may have spoken with a realtor about potential buyers in the area.

Comment

I get the occasional "cold email" too!

My response is always.."no we are not selling but we will buy YOURS!!!"
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Eternally, at least once a month (though usually more) I'll get something. For 10 years at 4 different facilities.
            "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
            Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
            Always sunny in California

Comment

I don't often get cold calls, but I do get letters weekly. I get more of the phone solicitations to buy my cell tower leases. When I do get a cold call, I make a mental not to not use that person or company.

I think it's terrible business to interrupt someone on the phone during business hours for a solicitation.
              In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

I'd say we get about four of these a week. If they aren't willing to leave me a message I transfer them to voicemail.

Comment

We get about 2-3 calls a week and maybe 1-2 letters/emails a week. While aggravating, I choose to have fun. I always tell them an outrageous amount "$5 Million in cash and you have a deal"

Comment

Originally posted by USMCvet View Post
                    We get about 2-3 calls a week and maybe 1-2 letters/emails a week. While aggravating, I choose to have fun. I always tell them an outrageous amount "$5 Million in cash and you have a deal"
                    Careful, that's not so outrageous for storage facilities anymore. You'd better make that $10M, just in case.
                    In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post

Careful, that's not so outrageous for storage facilities anymore. You'd better make that $10M, just in case.
                      Yup! The walk-in offer I stated above, as for 4.5 mil

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post

Here I'd have to say $50M just to be safe!
                        MamaDuke

Comment

For someone trying to break in to the field I'm sry as I'm prob one of those annoying callers. Theres two small mom and pop places in the town I'm in and while one doesn't want to sell the other says they dont but is having a hard time managing and prob only halfway full b/c of poor managing/needs updates. Just trying to be respectful and give them an option.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X