Is this year good enough so far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this year good enough so far?

Compare to last 3 years, I felt the first two months of this year is not so good, more customers left and less moved in. My competiters start to reduce the price and give big promotions.
    This year is same to last several years
    6.67%
    This year is much better
    33.33%
    This year is a llitle bit better
    26.67%
    This year is much worse
    6.67%
    This year is a little bit worse
    26.67%

After 4 straight years of big jumps I am still ahead of last year but not by as much as last year was to the year before. More move outs around me and facilities all over are running move in specials. We are not running any specials except multi month rent. I am still at about 97% to 98% full.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We are a little down for the start of the year between all 3 of our locations. Some are up others down. In my region this has more to do with the weather than anything else. Last year winter was over by the end of December, this year has been more normal.

Comment

We are up overall-occupancy and insurance from last year at this time-but we've had more move outs and only 1 move in for Feb, (turns out our website has been down-which hello! No phone calls if they cannot find us!!)
        I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

I have several real estate people that frequent here and I know away from here and they have all said the market has slowed a bit and that I should expect a slow down at my facility. I did have some move outs but lots were college students coming back. My 10x10 or bigger units go quick. I have started renting $70 5x10 units at $60 each if they need a 10x10. My money is slightly up but my vacancies, compared to last year at this time, is a bit higher but are all the smaller units. I know of a new facility about 5-6 miles away that is having a hard time renting up.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I am currently down 5 from last year however I am slightly higher in occupied square feet., so I have more large units rented than last year at the same time. There are several competitors in this area, and most of them have been using spare foot to rent units, and many are still lower occupied than us. They have also lowered their prices where ours have risen.

Comment

We had the neighborhood Extraspace add on about 100 units with their 'sale' and that's affected our Jan/Feb as well.
              I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Last month was our highest month ever, in the history of the facility. I was so proud of us!!! We have doubled the income here since I started working here 5 years ago. (Team effort, not trying to say I did it all myself...Ha Ha) I'm not a business major so I don't know if thats good or not, but it still felt good to be able to send that paperwork to our owner! Our occupancy is the highest its ever been too, at the moment we only have 4 small units available. But Storage in general is exploding around here, almost every facility around us is pretty full right now, which might be why we are so full to some extent. We'll see...
                "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                  Reply to After auction dilema
                  pacnwstorage
                  What they did was strip out the good stuff and left the trash for you to take care of. That is exactly why you should charge at least a $100 cash deposit that you can refund when you inspect the unit after they take everything and do it in the agreed upon time frame. I charge $200. I also now do the...
                  Today, 02:30 PM
                • Penelope
                  After auction dilema
                  Penelope
                  We auctioned a unit. We gave them 3 days to clean it out. They asked for and extension. We gave them 2 additional days. They were in the unit the same day as the auction and put their lock on it. Now it is 10 days later. They have not been back in and are not returning calls. Any suggestions?...
                  Today, 01:57 PM
                • jsparkyii
                  Reply to I had ONE Mad Manager this morning
                  jsparkyii
                  Make it hurt to be a lowlife, lazy, trash leaving thug!
                  Today, 01:02 PM
                Working...
                X