Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Property Living

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Living

Do you live onsite?
    Yes
    60.00%
    No
    40.00%
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

In my case, I actually love living here. Very upscale.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Yes, my husband and I live here.
      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

It's not all it's cracked up to be!

You are always at work! LOL
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough to live on property!!!!! We do have an apartment here but I sure don't live in it

Comment

I live onsite with my husband and its difficult to live here sometimes

Comment

I have been living onsite at different properties for 10 years now. I really don't mind. And the one I just moved into this week is incredible. Everything done right. And new paint and carpet between managers. (The previous one left me with thick orange mold all over the shower and cat pee stains on the carpet, which they blamed on me when I left!!! They didn't even vacuum. I cried for a week after seeing that apartment.)
              MamaDuke

Comment

Never will I ever live on site again. So long answer, no.
                Gina 6k
                twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

I don't mind living on site. I just wish my apartment was completely above the office for more privacy. I've seen some nice set-ups that I wish I had.
                  Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                    I don't mind living on site. I just wish my apartment was completely above the office for more privacy. I've seen some nice set-ups that I wish I had.
                    I get my point across very quickly that I am off on Sunday and Monday and the office is closed. It had better be an EMERGENCY to try and contact me on those days.

Comment

It is very, very rare that someone bothers me after hours or on my days off (saturday/sunday). Those that have only did it once and apologized non-stop for it.
                      And by privacy, I mean more being able to open windows or curtains. Living area being at ground level and entrance/exit on either side of building, it's too easy for people driving by to look in my windows. I hate that.
                      Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Yes and it could be OK if the place was updated and the floor (above the office) was not paper thin. I dont get much privacy and hate that

Comment

I live on site and its great. My front door to the living quarters is in the back corner of the building so I don't have anyone banging on my door. There is nothing like walking through one door and you are at work. I can also step into my office and check my cameras after we have closed and pop in and do my morning reports before I open and also check the property ( Please don't tell my company because I get in trouble for working on my own time lol)

Comment

Yep, 5 seconds from work and 5 seconds from home. No wear and tear on vehicle in heavy traffic. It has to depend on the area and how nice the house is. My last place I was in a home for 2 years but was cramped, 2 bedroom, and around 900 square feet and not in a great neighborhood. This place is in a great neighborhood ad is 1200 square feet with vaulted ceilings. When I took over, before I moved in, they repainted the whole place including the office, new counter tops-home and office, new flooring-home and office, new carpet-home and office, newer double pane windows, new screens, new ceiling fans and all new appliances. The office got a whole new computer system with new big screen tv for the security camera display. Almost forgot, home got a new shower surround as well. I really could not be happier.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dave Scott
                              Reply to Overlocking
                              Dave Scott
                              Man you need to get educated and your lease straightened up to what Ill. state laws say about self storage. This guy should have been over locked 60 days ago and up for disposal now. Do you have any units behind on rent and what do you do to them.Do you over lock them?
                              Today, 09:45 PM
                            • pacnwstorage
                              Reply to Overlocking
                              pacnwstorage
                              Boat trailer or a unit, your freakin' lease should say something about locking out a non paying tenant. Do you have a lease, I guess is the next question? Who drew it up? This type of stuff has been addressed time and time again. Late enough, lock them out, period!

Just what does the lease...
                              Today, 09:19 PM
                            • EagleEye
                              Reply to Skip Credit Card Transaction Charges - The Wants vs Reality
                              EagleEye
                              I've had a local merchant who focuses on small business offer this to us. I personally prefer paying credit card processing fees and having immediate funds. The 10-day delay we commonly have with ACH payments creates way too many accounting issues. I do know that a tenant using a debit cad instead of...
                              Today, 09:18 PM
                            Working...
                            X