Tablet Computers at Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet Computers at Work

Do you use a tablet computer at work? Could be for move-ins/outs, checking security cameras while away, ordering supplies, etc.
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    60.00%
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Security camera check while out of office.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We use a tablet for e-signing lease agreements.
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

YES! When we started using SiteLink we got tablets for all of our facilities.

Making them PCI compliant has been fun though. LOL. My husband (our company IT guy) has been spearheading that project and working with several different companies on helping make a standard for PCI with tablets. Apparently, there isn't one. We spoke to someone at the World Expo and she said that she honestly believes that everyone is pencil whipping their PCI stuff and saying they pass when they don't. Which blows my mind, considering the liability and fines and everything that could happen if something happened.

Kristy Olney
        Self Storage Ninja/Resident Manager
        Stor-All Gardnerville
        Gardnerville, NV
        https://www.storall.biz/self-storage...le/industrial

“Should you find a wise critic to point out your faults, follow him as you would a guide to hidden treasure.” The Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by Manager_1986 View Post
          YES! When we started using SiteLink we got tablets for all of our facilities.

Making them PCI compliant has been fun though. LOL. My husband (our company IT guy) has been spearheading that project and working with several different companies on helping make a standard for PCI with tablets. Apparently, there isn't one. We spoke to someone at the World Expo and she said that she honestly believes that everyone is pencil whipping their PCI stuff and saying they pass when they don't. Which blows my mind, considering the liability and fines and everything that could happen if something happened.
          I'd believe that.. my first company I worked with was good about it, they sent the main IT guy around the nation visiting every single site and setting everything up properly. My last company, among other ethically questionable antics thought it was appropriate to just answer the PCI compliance questions to ensure they passed without doing anything for it at all sites to quit getting the monthly charge of not being compliant.

Comment

This is something we've been thinking about doing but so far the cons outweigh the pros.

Comment

I wanted to use a tablet in my office more with StorEdge, then I got one and started trying to use it. And we ran into complications. I run 3 locations out of my office, and I could use the same tablet for esign for all 3 locations. I would of needed to have 3 tablets on my desk one for each location to use them for esign. So that experiment failed pretty quickly. Luckily I still have the touch screen monitors in my office which still makes esign easy. I also have one I want to use for going through units, auction videos and move outs. I have bought it, but I have not brought it into the rotation yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X