More Commercial Renters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Commercial Renters

Many businesses have either shut down or at least slowed down, and need space to store inventory and furniture. Have you seen an increase in commercial customers since the pandemic began?
    Yes
    13.33%
    No
    86.67%
    I don't know
    0%
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I am not likely to see that here simply because 6x9 is the largest space I have available, and mostly on 2nd or 3rd floor. Businesses need large spaces and don't want the hassle of elevators!
    MamaDuke

Comment

Like MD, I get calls all the time from commercial businesses but my biggest available unit right now is a 5x10. Anything bigger is full and the waiting list is long for them.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I do have one tenant who is considering shutting down his brick & mortar showroom and possibly increasing the size of his storage unit. He was considering this before the covid-19 situation as walk-in traffic was a very small part of his business anyway, decreased business is causing him to accelerate these plans to save money.

Comment

Unless this pandemic causes the pattern to turn, I love commercial renters because they typically pay in advance or on time and pay multiple months in advance. No problems because they understand a business. I wish my whole facility was commercial, seniors, first responders and military.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I have a few who are thinking about it. They are closing the doors on their business and trying to sell all their inventory and displays and whatnot. They are hoping to not need any storage. Normally I would be thrilled to have them bc like Pac, I value the commercial customers. Never an issue, always pay early, etc.. I am saddened by the events that are causing these business owners to have to seek storage. Im not saying I would turn them down, just unfortunate they have to make those choices.
            You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

We are in a very rural area so not too many business around us, and what is around us is mostly restaurants, a little grocery store, and a gas station. So I don't expect that will change, our ratio of business customers. Happy to say we are getting more rentals again tho! Was getting worried there for a bit...
              "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X