Late Fees in July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Fees in July

Do you plan to charge late fees in July?
    Yes
    85.71%
    No
    4.76%
    It'll be on a case-by-case basis
    9.52%
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

We stopped waiving them as of June. We still haven't done any lock cuts or auctions, though.

Comment

I never stopped charging them. And I only waived 5 or 6 because of specific circumstances.
      MamaDuke

Comment

I sure hope so. We are training our tenants to not worry about paying late and it is going to be a headache once they start whining about it when we do re-start the fees. No word yet from our Property Management company on fees or auction restarting just yet. We did however just do a rent increase for several tenants...... I keep warning the late payers this might be the last month so they should expect the late fees to come back next time.
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

We waived all fees in April. I turned everything back on May 1st.
          Joe Krezdorn
          DAK Self Storage
          Leesport, PA 19533
          www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
            We stopped waiving them as of June. We still haven't done any lock cuts or auctions, though.
            Same with us.
            Got a guy that is over $900 in the hole & last payment was $100 in March. I'm ready to get him auctioned off. He always talks about payment. From looking at the notes on his account, before the pandemic, he has always been a problem child with payment, late, has some sort of crazy thing going on in with his life, etc.
            The other folks have worked with me with payments & have been great throughout the pandemic, but this guy.....

Comment

No late fees waived here.

Comment

I did $5 late fees April and May just to cover the cost of mailing out the notice and time spent running out to lock and unlock the unit. I informed my usual late tenants that I would be doing so until the Stay At Home order was lifted. I'm in Wisconsin and everything was lifted last month, so I started charging $20 late fees again for June. I manage our 241 storage units will my husband manages our residential rentals and I'm due to have a baby at the end of July. I've really started being strict about enforcing late fees and lockouts because I'm not going to have time to mess around for the next few months.

Comment

I am in NJ
                  We are still charging all late fee's.
                  however, if a tenant ASKS about late fee forgiveness, we will waive it BUT only after they ask!
                  We have paused rent raises and all lien sales since March 17th.
                  We are probably getting ready to turn lien's back on we are just waiting to hear from our Dictator, I mean Governor Murphy! LOL
                  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I never waived any late fees. Fortunately, our tenants didn't seem to be hit too hard by the outbreak. I do give every tenant one free pass on late payments but I never tell them that!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X