Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storman
    replied
    For 33 years I have done 100% of my business from a dutch door. (if you don't know what that is, its' where the top half of the door swings open while the bottom stays shut). I had a countertop custom made that stays attached to the bottom half of the door and extends about a foot into my office. Someone rings the bell next to the door, I open the top half and we do our business. The customer stays outside and I work from the desk/computer that's more than 6' away from them. A customer has never entered the building (which includes my home). When multiple people arrive at the same time, they stand on the sidewalk waiting their turn. Rarely do I have more than one customer at a time.

Since I almost always have the A/C or heat blowing inside the office, there's positive airflow out the dutch door when I open it.

We never closed the office.
    Last edited by Storman; 11 July 2020, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iamkathleenj
    replied
    Yes, it is open but we highly encourage on line and over the phone payments.

Leave a comment:

• Madman
    replied
    Our offices are open but with covid procedures in place. We have limits on people in the office at once, where you can go in the sales area, the coffee is locked down , plexiglass is up, distancing stickers are on the ground and we've got lots of disinfectant. Masks are available, covid symptoms are screened and not allowed. All staff have a custom mask allowance where they can get their own supply of custom reusable fabric masks (as long as they're not rude designs). Signs are up and we're awaiting our bolt on disinfectant supply stations for the loading bays ... plus a whole host of other things.

Now keeping things in perspective, we have regions that have been essentially covid free for months and the public is being fairly good at getting out and about but still following social distancing, masks and washing hands.

With precautions, we've proven we can still go out and enjoy ourselves, spend money and travel around locally even meeting friends but again ...

Wash hands, wear a mask in public crowds and otherwise keep your distance.

Leave a comment:

• lady5563
    replied
    Originally posted by SimplySpace View Post
    Our office is open, but we are encouraging appointments. We are seeing a big spike in our area and not a lot of people wearing masks (even though they are mandatory in CA) so we've been trying to keep people out of our office if at all possible. I've never quite figured out why 5 people need to come in to help someone pick out a space.
    It takes a village, don't ya know?!!!
    Ha Ha Ha

Leave a comment:

• FHLVstorage
    replied
    I've also wondered the same thing,after so many years i just chalked it up to they must have been bored,so a ride in a golf cart would be nice!

Leave a comment:

• SimplySpace
    replied
    Our office is open, but we are encouraging appointments. We are seeing a big spike in our area and not a lot of people wearing masks (even though they are mandatory in CA) so we've been trying to keep people out of our office if at all possible. I've never quite figured out why 5 people need to come in to help someone pick out a space.

Leave a comment:

• MamaDuke
    replied
    We were for a week or 2. Then an employee had probable Covid, so we locked back up. We're in a hot spot with a big influx, so we're staying closed to customers for now.

We have a kiosk, so the only thing the machine can't do is show a unit!!! We're managing.

Leave a comment:

• wc1974
    replied
    Yes, but the door is locked to control flow of people. Only one at a time, ( or if they arrived together in same car they can both be in office.)Masks are mandatory in WA state now for both employees and customers.

Leave a comment:

• Amy_ISS
    started a poll Office Status

Office Status

Yes
    73.33%
    No
    26.67%
    Only by appointment
    0%
    Is your front office open to customers at this time?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X