Payment Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Reminders

I receive two or three payment reminders from my auto insurance each month, even though I'm on auto-debit. Got me thinking ...

Do you send payment reminders prior to the tenant's due date? If so, in what format?
    We don't send any payment reminders to our tenants
    5.00%
    Yes, we send an email
    70.00%
    Yes, we send a text
    30.00%
    Yes, we send a postcard or other mailer
    0%
    Yes, we call our tenants a few days before
    5.00%
    Other
    30.00%
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I only send email invoices a week prior to the 1st to those not on auto pay. If they're on auto pay, they'll get nothing but an email receipt that the transaction went through.

I'm a believer in not reminding people that they're paying to store their items (that in many cases is not worth anything close to what they're paying me to store it). The more I can get my charges buried on page 3 of their credit card statement, the better.

In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

We don't send upcoming rent reminders. I only have a few business tenants that get invoices prior to, but they pay by check. We will send emails and make calls if they are past due, however.

Comment

We charge $1 for invoices, but we will call and email reminders to customers who are 8 days past due to remind them they will have a late fee if they haven't paid by the end of day tomorrow.

Comment

Email invoices 10 days prior to due date for people who are not on autopay...who have email...that actually want one.

Comment

we call, email and text. We also send letters after they're late and lock them out on day 7.
            Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

We send emailed invoices at no charge 2 weeks prior to the due date. After that, we will send a text the day before a fee will apply as long as time allows.
              MamaDuke

Comment

We don't do it prior to due date unless they signed up for invoicing. One they become due I send a text message friendly rent reminder once a day until the 6th day late, with a gentle warning its the last day of the grace period. Once they are over locked and have a late fee that's when I start calling to collect.
                You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Our storEDGE auto sends all that they need to get!
                  If you have an email, you get the invoice 2 weeks prior to the due date,
                  If your mobile number is signed up you will get an auto generated SMS too!
                  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

We send everyone an email reminder who wants it and always send an email receipt.
                    I think it is best not to remind auto debit customers if we don't have to.

Reminder text & call will go out on the 4th of the month as a reminder and the late fee goes on the 6th. Gives them a couple of days to pay if they have forgotten.
                    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

We do our similar to others here. We use StorEdge and send out emailed invoices 2 weeks prior to the due date. We don't offer to send out paper invoices at all. We send out a text message 1 day prior to the late fee being added as a reminder they are about to be late.

Comment

Easy Storage automatically sends an email and/or a text on the 25th. (Or whatever day I specify)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
                          Reply to Disaster In Iowa
                          by RandyL
                          Clarkstoragellc T_Champeau

Thanks for the great advice luckily this is not my first disaster. But I have come across many lessons learnt that I will need to improve on for the future. In regards to tenant notifications, and use of cloud computing software.

I have just...
                          Today, 01:46 AM
                        • Clarkstoragellc
                          Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
                          by Clarkstoragellc
                          Do your return and profitability calcs. Parking has a very low return compared to storage. Not a very good first storage investment, unless you happened to find cheap wasteground, or cheap ground that already had hardsurface....
                          Yesterday, 06:23 PM
                        • Clarkstoragellc
                          Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
                          by Clarkstoragellc
                          Customer Considerations:
                          CONSIDERATIONS FOR RV OR VEHICLE STORAGE

A. Pull through- The front, pull as far forward as possible, gives the person next to you an easier angle to turn into, from behind you. Align your front with the fronts of all other vehicles. Be...
                          Yesterday, 06:22 PM
                        Working...
                        X