Physical Occupancy Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Occupancy Levels

How are your physical occupancy levels since the pandemic began?
    It's higher than before the pandemic began
    75.00%
    It's lower than before the pandemic began
    6.25%
    It's about the same since the pandemic began
    18.75%
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

100% here.

Comment

It dropped off during the first couple of months, then we began a slow climb back up to pretty much where we were when it began.

Comment

I am slightly fuller during all this and backs up when we had a bad economy and my business was also better. Hell, I rented 7 units yesterday. I had a surprise move out of a 10x20, called lady on my waiting list and she is coming today to rent and I have a 10x10 coming open this weekend that I know will rent asap to the next name on that list. The only ones I have to work a little harder for are my very small units.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We're fuller than the site has ever been, hovering around 97%, 2 of our sites are 100% and all the others are 94% other than the one we just got in Salem, Or which is gonna need some work to fill it up.

Comment

We would be fuller if we had any large units available. I'm turning away a lot of people, sadly. I have nothing larger than 6x9 and absolutely no drive-ups. People are looking for 10x15 or larger these days.

Because of that, we have lost some customers that needed to upgrade to a larger space and didn't want to have multiple units - regardless of cost. A bit frustrating to say the least.

Also, with our office still closed to customers, I know that we have lost some new rentals because they didn't want to bother with calling or using the kiosk (or renting online!). Many people still need that personal touch that I can't give right now.
            MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
              We would be fuller if we had any large units available. I'm turning away a lot of people, sadly. I have nothing larger than 6x9 and absolutely no drive-ups. People are looking for 10x15 or larger these days.

Because of that, we have lost some customers that needed to upgrade to a larger space and didn't want to have multiple units - regardless of cost. A bit frustrating to say the least.

Also, with our office still closed to customers, I know that we have lost some new rentals because they didn't want to bother with calling or using the kiosk (or renting online!). Many people still need that personal touch that I can't give right now.
              We presently have 5x5's, 5x10's and drive up 10x20's....Not good for the Florida Heat
              Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
                Reply to COVID or Flu?
                by RandyL
                I am not entirely sure what all those statements have to do with what I posted about masks. I absolutely agree that both political parties are using this for gain. As they say never let a good crisis go to waste....
                Yesterday, 11:08 PM
              • Grizz
                Reply to 6 month status update.
                by Grizz
                Thats good to know...
                Yesterday, 05:50 PM
              • Grizz
                Reply to COVID or Flu?
                by Grizz
                If masks work why are they releasing prisoners from prison?

If this is so deadly why are the homeless not dying, heck the streets should be free of the homeless by now right?

Why is it safe to riot without a mask but not to go to church with one?

Why are the states...
                Yesterday, 05:39 PM
              Working...
              X