Fun Facts About Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Facts About Members

I recently posted a news item about managers who assemble an elaborate holiday village inside their facility office every year. I know many of you have unique hobbies and interests, so I thought it'd be fun to share. What's one fun fact about you that you'd be willing to share with SST?

I'll go first. I have six desert tortoises. Three are about the size of my hands cupped, and three are the size of one palm. They live indoors, but I've created an outdoor area they can enjoy during the warmer months. Here are the three bigger ones in their indoor tank.

Amy's tortoises.jpg

Now, let's hear about you! Do you have a cool hobby or interest, do charity work, or any other tidbit to share?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Re: Fun Facts About Members

It is called "sofa surfing." I am real good at it when football or NASCAR is on the tv. Everything is within my reach at all times. The channel changer never leaves my sight, the chips and dip are easy access, cold beer coolie is tight around the chosen beer of the day, ice chest is only a lean over away and the cell phone for calling/texting to rub it in is charged and at the ready. It is quite an athletic feat to coordinate all of this and maintain my balance on the cushy sofa. I have lots of practice so I make it work.

Comment

I am a HUGE Disney Freak! I have been to Walt Disney World 29 times, starting the year it opened in 1971. My china hutch is full of Disney stuff and I am going on my first Disney Cruise Line Cruise in February. My 50th Birthday Gift to myself. For Christmas this year, I started my Grandbabies' Walt Disney World Vacation Fund. All of my kids have been there and I have been there with my Mamma. I wear Disney Jewelry and have a Mickey Mouse purse and carry on suitcase, have tons of Disney Clothes and even my car is named Elsa and has the MM emblem on her.

I belong to three different Disney Groups and Two Forums, Mice Chat and DIS Boards,and have two Apps on my phone. I can check wait times for any attraction at any time. Like now, the wait time for Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom is 135 minutes. Never go between Christmas and NYE, it is the busiest week of the entire year.

In September I tried out for the Disney Mom's Panel. I made it through to Round 2 but did not get chosen as a panelist. I was DEVASTATED! But I will try again next year.

Disneyland, California Adventure and Disney Paris are all on my Bucket List.

If any of you would like advice on a Disney Vacation, I am more than happy to help. I have planned so many for me and others.

Oh and I always, always cry when I first walk down Main Street USA.

SO AMY! Can we do an Expo at Disney??? They host many events and the hotels are incredible! Just sayin...
      Last edited by MusicCity Gal; 29 December 2015, 01:36 PM.
      Stephanie Tharpe
      President
      A+ Management Group, LP
      Nashville, TN
      www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
      www.tnssa.net

Comment

I would LOVE to host an ISS Expo at a Disney park.
        Amy Campbell
        Editor
        Inside Self-Storage
        [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I've mentioned this before but I'm a genealogist-have been for 25 years. I still learn new things about my family every time I work on it.
          An apple a day keeps ANYONE away if you throw it hard enough.

Comment

I take my Mazda Miata to the Auto Cross in St Augustine, FL to race twice per year. I am getting pretty good at it and I won my class.
            Ok, so I was the only one in my class but I WON!!!

I don't have a modified car so I don't go fast like some others can and do ( I'd do if I could ) but the 2 minute video may make you dizzy. If you would like to take a look here is the You Tube video from Nov 7th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWENismkq0o
            The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamkathleenj View Post
              I take my Mazda Miata to the Auto Cross in St Augustine, FL to race twice per year. I am getting pretty good at it and I won my class.
              Ok, so I was the only one in my class but I WON!!!

I don't have a modified car so I don't go fast like some others can and do ( I'd do if I could ) but the 2 minute video may make you dizzy. If you would like to take a look here is the You Tube video from Nov 7th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWENismkq0o
              Aww, I miss my Miata. I sold it when I moved to California.
              An apple a day keeps ANYONE away if you throw it hard enough.

Comment

I do interpretive dancing and I'm a model. Elle is a photographer and a professional mujra dancer.

Comment

I'm also an amateur photographer and crypto zoologist.

Comment

Bella/Elle, what is "mujra"? I was a photographer when I was in the Navy, long time ago. Did some photo journalism for a short time after I got out.

Bella, what is "crypto zoologist"?

Comment

Here's your answer:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+cryptozoologist

In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post

That is too sterile and answer. If a person is actually what I am curious about their answer can be way better than one from a dictionary.

Comment

I like to drive really fast, plain and simple. I'm also a mechanic on the side and a full time mechanical engineer. Have always been into some type of motorsports and currently have this jeep,a 72 Cutlass, an 87 Grand National, 2 snowmobiles (For all that snow we get in Pa haha), and a bunch of other little projects here and there. This is my newest toy, (was putting down 1138 horsepower to the wheels but pulled the motor and looking to hit the 1500 hp mark!!
                          New_Jeep_2.jpgNew_Jeep_4.jpg

Comment

I grow chili peppers. I've grown and eaten the hottest chili in the world, the Carolina Reaper, and lived to tell about it.

Comment

Mine is not too exciting. I work. Full time job, side business in appliance repair, manage my storage facility, and now that I have finished remodeling the mother-in-laws house I am getting the nervous twitch to ramp up the side business to full time and hire somebody (I don't want to lose my 20 year retirement at my full time job). At 48 I am trying to shift my hobby to vacation (Caribbean) Getting close but not quite there yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinWA
                                Ideas? We have this greasy dirt
                                by KrisinWA
                                and re-painted doors, so I can't have them pressure wash them. I wanted to know if anyone had a surefire dirt remover for their roll up doors? I'm thinking of squirt of dawn soap and vinegar in water. Anyone have something better?...
                                Yesterday, 06:02 PM
                              • KrisinWA
                                Reply to Tenant Points Gun at Manager
                                by KrisinWA
                                A lot of managers are by themselves, including me-most of the time. I have to do the rounds by myself and I wouldn't even think twice about lifting an unlocked door to check if it's empty or whatever....
                                Yesterday, 05:58 PM
                              • Gina6k
                                Reply to Artistic Endeavors
                                by Gina6k
                                I'm definitely crafty! I crochet, knit, sew, cook, bake, garden, write and more and love coming up with ideas and making them a reality. Never could embroider well, did a few cross stitch things and latch hook when I was younger. I can see something and turn around and make it myself. I'm also well-versed...
                                Yesterday, 05:49 PM
                              Working...
                              X