Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Software Showcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Showcase

Hi All,

ISS is planning a software showcase for our March print issue and I'm seeking operator input. We'd like to know about your favorite features, advice for choosing software and more. If you'd like to participate, please let me know via PM or email and I'll send the questions to you. You will need to add your name and the facility name to participate. Thanks!

Amy
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Still seeking operator input on this. The questions are pretty easy: features you like, what would you change, etc. Send me a PM to participate!
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

No one wants to talk software?! Below are the questions. If you'd like to participate, please send your responses to me via email, [email protected], by Tuesday, Dec. 10.
      • Official company name:
      • Self-storage operating name (if different from above):
      • Number of facilities operated by the company:
      • Facility location(s):
      • What management software do you use at your company?
      • What aspects of the software do you like the most?
      • What aspects of the software do you find most frustrating?
      • If you could add one feature to your software, what would it be?
      Amy Campbell
      Editor
      Inside Self-Storage
      [email protected].com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I will start out.
        • Official company name: DAK Self Storage
        • Self-storage operating name (if different from above):
        • Number of facilities operated by the company: One, Was two but sold 2nd
        • Facility location(s): Leesport, PA
        • What management software do you use at your company? QuikStor
        • What aspects of the software do you like the most? Back in 1998 we purchased the above software to help run the facility while we were running our House Painting company. We went to the Vegas trade show and decided that QuikStor was the right match.
        • What aspects of the software do you find most frustrating? The bugs have been worked out since 1998 Beta program. The software and hardware seems to be rock solid now.
        • If you could add one feature to your software, what would it be? 1. Electronic signature of lease and a Chip card reader that also accepts mobile phone payments. 2. Discounts should show on receipt
        Joe Krezdorn
        DAK Self Storage
        Leesport, PA 19533
        www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinNC
          Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
          by KrisinNC
          Or you could electrify your current fence with a box/wire used for horses/cattle. IT won't ~kill~ them, but it packs a punch. I'd know, I've bumped into a few. ...
          Yesterday, 09:44 PM
        • evansr
          Reply to Promotional ideas
          by evansr
          Same here, our unit occupancy has been a bit low, company average across our sites 86% (we've also added new units at a few sites), but our economic occupancy is at an all time high (percentage and dollar totals) due to consistent rate increases on all customers. We use storEDGE and push our discounts...
          Yesterday, 09:13 PM
        • Storman
          Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
          by Storman
          This expanded metal comes in many thicknesses and sizes. The 3/4" and 9 gauge is likely much heavier than what you used for your trailer ramp. The 4x8 sheets that I'm looking at cost about $60 each, but the added cost of galvanizing and delivering them to my facility is what bumps them to ~$100...
          Yesterday, 07:55 PM
        Working...
        X