The deal is this ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The deal is this ...

My ISS mag editors -- Drew, Amy and Elaine -- said they wanted to launch a new section in which they would print quotes from storage managers and operators on various "hot topics" of interest. They planned to contact facilities by phone and e-mail; then we realized we should also be reaching out to forum members!

So ... they will be posting questions here periodically, and if you post a response, it might also appear in the "Storage Talk Too" section of the mag. Let me know your thoughts on this ... Is it something you would be interested in reading if you discovered it in the pages of a trade pub?
    Teri L. Lanza
    Editorial Director
    Inside Self-Storage
    www.insideselfstorage.com

Manager Focus

Will be nice to see more focus on Managers and Management in the magazine.

Comment

Teri-

I would think integrating this board into the print publication is the right thing to do in order to further the branding aspect and broaden both the viewpoints and appeal.

I would caution if lifting comments out of the foruns is done there has to be notice given to the posters their words may appear in publications and/or websites other than Self-Storage Talk. This is especially true if the quotes are attributed. There may be some who do not want their comments published any place other than here.

Comment

Yes, very good point regarding the notification -- we have to be careful about this. So in addition to the forum description on the home page, which states that comments in this particular forum could be printed, we will communicate directly with each member to ensure they understand our intent. I really appreciate the feedback on this!
        Teri L. Lanza
        Editorial Director
        Inside Self-Storage
        www.insideselfstorage.com

Comment

if you are brave enough you may use any of my comments made here.
          Wayne
          Jamestown, ND

All arguments can be resolved ... with high explosives and Humor!!!

Comment

join in

Hi Wayne,
            Please feel free to submit any answers you'd like to the questions in the forum. We've posted a few already, but it they haven't gotten any bites yet. You've been a great resource and communicator on SST, so your input would be much appreciated. And thanks

Comment

Here Here Wayne Doktor!! I agree...

Feel free to print anything I post as well. Chances are I've already blogged it on another forum or one of my own websites...I would warn though that a super active online forum or blog can have a undesirable impact on readership, subscriptions and shelf life of a print publication.

Comment

I agree....

You may post any of mine as well. Great way to get others involved.
                Lovin it.

Comment

We have already been contact by email earlier this month. I think it is a great idea!!!!!

Comment

thanks

Hey all,
                    Thanks for your positive comments and support. Tell others to log on and share their insights. It's all for fun and fun for all. Plus, it's educational

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X