On-site Manager vs Remote Manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-site Manager vs Remote Manager

What do you all prefer? I am opening a new facility and have never been in this industry before. Just looking for some veteran opinions on what is best for your facility. Do you prefer having an on-site manager or employee or would you use a remote manager or call service?

Thanks

Lots of recommendations that will go both ways here. I know that tenants will want to talk to an on site manager if they have problems. Waiting on a call or an email is no fun when you are a tenant and have a problem. If it is going to be 400 units, like you said elsewhere, you should have an on site manager, even if it is a turn key manager.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Here, having an on-site manager has saved a lot of property damage, and the overall reputation of the business. That being said, you must have good staff, Be picky.

Comment

A perfect example of great to have an on-site manager. A truck backed into our keypad! He then proceeded to speed away. I caught it, grabbed info off of the truck, and had a new keypad installed within 48 hours at the driver's expense. It would have been really frustrating to pinpoint that damage even with camera's. This business is all about oversight. A properly run property will deter crime and hassle. and save the owner and customers a great deal of time, and frustration.

Comment

I am no expert, But I'd personally lean towards Remote management as there are ton's of technologies and options available to better manage,track and report storage operations; even monitor security gate systems.

But that all comes with a leverage of Investment and a high end facility setup including where you're based at.

Most of my colleagues in the storage Industry however still do feel the need and necessity for an On-Site manager regardless of technologies that help save time, It could be for various reasons as Security and much more.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• AFSManD
            Reply to Anyone use a Call Center? I need feedback. Looking for one.
            AFSManD
            We use XPS. They're decent. Just make sure you give them all the correct information about your property. We've had to have some "talks" with them now and then. They recently told a tenant they were going to be receiving a refund for moving out halfway through the month, when we absolutely...
            Today, 10:09 AM
          • DairyGirl
            Reply to Buzzer entry system... Customer's Don't get it.
            DairyGirl
            Like Pac, I have also disable my intercom. I have spent too many evenings and weekends hearing that stupid thing get pressed repeatedly by someone who is locked out but NEEDS to get to their unit. Nope, done with that. Signs don't help, either. I have a large sign placed directly UNDER the keypad at...
            Today, 09:56 AM
          • lady5563
            Reply to Stop bothering me
            lady5563
            They are the same tenant that waits until the LAST DAY OF THE MONTH to pay and they call at 4;30 pm to pay.
            I close at 5 pm.
            This particular tenant stores in my 2nd location that I run by appointment only.
            When it becomes the last day of the month (or the last Friday of the month)...
            Today, 09:50 AM
          Working...
          X