Team Building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Building

Hi All! Just curious if anyone out there is active in team building, and if so, what do you do to inspire that sense of team. We are looking for the nitty-gritty on how to turn a multistore organization into a team that communicates well together, assists each other reaching their goals, and supports each other through the ups and downs. So, please let us know what you do.

Do you have frequent meetings? How frequently and are they face-to-face, conference calls, video calls?
    Do you try to set individual and company goals? If so, what types of goals do you set.
    Do you have friendly competition between sister stores? What categories do you compete in?
    Do you send company or district emails letting everyone know what a great day you're having and ask them to chime in with how their day has been?
    Or do you do something completely different? Also, if you've tried something that did not go well, we would like to hear that, too.

Thanks for you input and Go Team!

We used to have weekly meetings, but those were a pain in the mikta so I did away with them-I would do an informal sit down in the office with everyone for a few minutes and they knew my office door was always open (my office was clear glass, lol, you could tell if I was busy or not-it was like a fish bowl). What we did was have a lunch together on a Saturday-everyone would bring something (potluck style) and we'd have a movie on while I'd go out if a tenant needed something. We once did carnitas (I make a mean crockpot carnita), and at the holiday I'd bring in a home made spiral sliced ham and everyone would bring in sandwich fixings and sides -that kind of thing. We didn't compete with other stores since our demographics were so different, though they owner and mgt company would set a year goal for us to attain.
    Here every Friday we switch off and buy each other lunch (2 man operation). Again, no facility competition, but then we're not the big orange or whatever.
    I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Because it is just my wife and I, our meetings are her telling me what to do and me saying yes dear.

Comment

Originally posted by Bighank View Post
        Because it is just my wife and I, our meetings are her telling me what to do and me saying yes dear.
        My meeting is even more one sided. It is just me so I say, "Self, do this". I then agree and go about my business.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Definitely regular conference calls for 'housekeeping" issues. Daily emails and phone calls if necessary. My market has 13 stores and we talk almost daily about things. We hear from the DM every day, multiple times a day. One of the things that motivates me is daily email showing move ins for each store and progress toward our monthly goals. I wanna be top of the list every day so I bust my butt to be top dog...
          A little competition among stores is a good thing in my opinion.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Merman
            Reply to New Facility - Wish List
            Merman
            Avoid swinging gates if at all possible. We have swings and rolling due to property limitations and the swings have given us trouble. Lighting in units with a timer switch in a common area for customers. For the perimeter fence, I would make the bottom 3 or 4' a solid wall and if you want, a more...
            Yesterday, 09:15 PM
          • eileen
            Reply to Credit Card Chargeback for unit break in?
            eileen
            She last accessed in January, this came up in May. Our cameras don't retain video that far back. And I don't know when I'd have time to watch all that.

I was more concerned that the credit card provider is even entertaining issuing these payments back basically disregarding our rental agreement...
            Yesterday, 04:13 PM
          • Dave Scott
            Reply to Tasty Treats
            Dave Scott
            Fried green tomatoes and corn on the cob...
            Yesterday, 03:48 PM
          Working...
          X