Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Training materials and guides on creating policy and procedures advice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training materials and guides on creating policy and procedures advice!

Hello! We are currently in the construction phase and have just signed on with StorEdge with software and have hired Jeff Greenberger to assist us in our rental agreement. Both need a lot of information about our day-to-day operations which we have not decided on yet. Things such as: when to send invoices, if we pro-rate move out, if we charge tax, what fees we want to charge, if we want to require insurance, etc. I'm looking for some materials to help advise in these matters and also help us to create a company policy and procedures handbook.

I'm looking at some materials through the ISS such as the self storage keys of knowledge, the ISS guidebooks and training materials. I'm also looking at some materials through SSA such as the self storage operations manual and training guide. There are so many resources and it's quite overwhelming!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Griz326
    Reply to Market saturation???
    Griz326
    Building incrementally is tough.

* Building a storage unit ain't cheap.
    * It is a nearly irreversible commitment to a certain type of development.

It is the commitment to a certain type of land development that most concerns me.
    Yesterday, 11:24 PM
  • RMRSS
    Reply to Customers who sneak out before gate lockout
    RMRSS
    Yes, being able to send people to collections would pretty much totally reduce my stress in these situations (knowing they wouldn't get away with it), but although our management company (of which I'm an employee, btw, not a partner) has not yet set this up. I do plan to bring it up to the relevant...
    Yesterday, 09:53 PM
  • pacnwstorage
    Reply to Customers who sneak out before gate lockout
    pacnwstorage
    I would send him to collections asap and get that set up, which takes a day. Secondly I would leave a detailed review about him and his company at any number of business review sites. Mainly about him because you have no dealings with his business. Next I would wait for him outside his business and...
    Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Working...
X