Manager Pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager Pay

It's always a hot topic in the industry: How much money should a self-storage manager make? An industry veteran tackles the question in this new ISS article. What's your opinion?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Very interesting, thank you

Comment

Yeah, manager pay is all over the place. Luckily at each new position I make more because of my experience, so that's nice.
      90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

I found that the pay for resident managers was extremely poor for mom and pop type facilities we applied to. Some advertised as "free apt and $800 a month" and they expected 2 people to work one full time, one part time. That's about $5 an hour- ridiculous. Other companies paid by the hour but did not provide living quarters, yet expected you to be on call 24/7. It really is all over the place. It took me 5 years to find a position that pays a respectable wage with benefits. With set hours and bonuses. There are good paying positions out there, you just have to look really hard!
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I got lucky. I live here in a very upscale neighborhood. I have trained the tenants to leave me alone. I don't pay any rent or utilities and get $2400 a month on top of that with great bonuses. They also kick in $60 a month for my Comcast bill. They use the Comcast wifi signal for the office computer and phone.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I'm making more money than ever, but the state of Washington classifies me as low income-BUT I make too much for insurance or any other aid. Crazy world. Rents are so high that I'm paying more than half of my income in rent, which sucks.
            90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

I don't make diddly-squat. But I still love my job, and bonus every quarter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Billings Storage
                Reply to Fence? Locks? I need help to slow these guys down.
                by Billings Storage
                I know I am politically incorrect but how about a minefield, I detest thieves. The cable thing would be your best bet my bosses other business was broken in and they now have it, seems to have stopped the stealing.
                Today, 09:39 PM
              • Alicia1018
                Reply to Break In
                by Alicia1018
                Thanks pacnwstorage, I think I'm over-thinking about it lol. It does make sense. I know we have had issues with other tenants in the past where we have had 2 people on a contract, before I started....
                Today, 08:34 PM
              • pacnwstorage
                Reply to Units broken into, renter wants a refund
                by pacnwstorage
                "Even the biggest self-storage companies are broken into."

Not here, in 23 years. Especially in the last 5.5 years the security is tighter and tighter. I don't just live here and work in an office. This whole facility is my home and so far, due diligence has remained at the fore...
                Today, 07:28 PM
              Working...
              X