Manager Pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager Pay

It's always a hot topic in the industry: How much money should a self-storage manager make? An industry veteran tackles the question in this new ISS article. What's your opinion?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Very interesting, thank you

Comment

Yeah, manager pay is all over the place. Luckily at each new position I make more because of my experience, so that's nice.
      I want buns of steel.
      I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

I found that the pay for resident managers was extremely poor for mom and pop type facilities we applied to. Some advertised as "free apt and $800 a month" and they expected 2 people to work one full time, one part time. That's about $5 an hour- ridiculous. Other companies paid by the hour but did not provide living quarters, yet expected you to be on call 24/7. It really is all over the place. It took me 5 years to find a position that pays a respectable wage with benefits. With set hours and bonuses. There are good paying positions out there, you just have to look really hard!
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I got lucky. I live here in a very upscale neighborhood. I have trained the tenants to leave me alone. I don't pay any rent or utilities and get $2400 a month on top of that with great bonuses. They also kick in $60 a month for my Comcast bill. They use the Comcast wifi signal for the office computer and phone.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I'm making more money than ever, but the state of Washington classifies me as low income-BUT I make too much for insurance or any other aid. Crazy world. Rents are so high that I'm paying more than half of my income in rent, which sucks.
            I want buns of steel.
            I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

I don't make diddly-squat. But I still love my job, and bonus every quarter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Grizz
                Reply to Pro Rating Lease suggestions
                Grizz
                Are all these options available in site-link?
                Today, 07:00 PM
              • Grizz
                Reply to Naming a new facility
                Grizz
                City storage.com is perfect. You want the search engines to find you fast and first. And people will search in the cities they are living in or moving to with terms such as "Abq Storage mini storage", outdoor storage, heated storage, etc....

Fancy and fun names dont make the phone...
                Today, 06:48 PM
              • Steve_hajewski
                Reply to Move In Deposit
                Steve_hajewski
                I also require no deposit with credit card autopay sign up. I'm around 95% autopay.

Very rarely do i have anyone leave a unit damaged or with junk in it. The bigger problem is people who have cards go bad or don't keep enough balance in checking for debit cards.
                Today, 06:10 PM
              Working...
              X