FitBit Challenge amongst Coworkers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FitBit Challenge amongst Coworkers

We just started a FitBit Challenge at work and amongst are various facility locations. The company bought the fitbits for staff who committed to use them. The results are impressive with near 100% buy in and staff going way out of there way to get their steps in!!! It's actually quite funny as we all get the reminders via our fitbits at the same time to increase our steps. Thus, when the reminder hits you actually do see more staff walking around. We have monthly prizes for top performer and top site. Who knows, maybe we can roll out a SST fitbit challenge! LOL!

Anyone else get into something similar like this? Tough Mudder team? Bowling Team?

Oh, this will go over well. The owner and his 2 sons and myself have gun range challenges.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      Oh, this will go over well. The owner and his 2 sons and myself have gun range challenges.
      That's awesome! Are you the champ?
      I want buns of steel.
      I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

If I shoot my older Ruger P series guns with the bigger grips I do better than them but the newer guns they do better. We plan on branching out to rifles very soon. It's fun and helps us all keep our skills tuned. I can be shooting my older guns and a stranger at the range will come up and ask what the hell I am shooting. Some people have never heard of the P series guns. They are legend with police and military and are known as "tanks" because you can't hurt them and they never misfire. Way more metal in them than the newer polymer guns.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

How fun and exciting!
          Mango Technologies, is your in-house I.T. department, outsourced! We manage how your information technology affects your budget and workflow, so you can focus on your business. We focus on the self-storage industry!

Comment

A previous employer of mine did something similar with a FitBit challenge. I think it's a great way to encourage employees to take better care of themselves, and of course the monthly prize is a great incentive!

Comment

We've got 30 staff participating in the pool and there's a group of staff that are dominating!!!!! We even have staff going out of their way to walk to/from work now. And some of the team/facility are grouping together and knocking it out of the park with their high step counts. First round of prizes is being launched at the end of this month so it's going to be interesting. Okay, now back to running around the site ...

Comment

I propose you just put it on your dog or cat in place of their collar. Then sit back and watch those steps add up!
                MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
                  I propose you just put it on your dog or cat in place of their collar. Then sit back and watch those steps add up!
                  That's what my husband would do!!

I love this idea tho...maybe I will suggest it at our next meeting
                  "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
                    I'm off to let our FB friend know of your idea. LOL! Shh, no one tell Madman. Haha!
                    Gina 6k
                    twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
                    VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
                    storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
                    I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

The only issue with Fitbit is if you ride motorcycle or a lawn tractor. On my ride here the vibration can easily give me 2500 to 3000 steps. Cutting the lawn used to average about 1000 to 1500 steps. I stopped wearing it because of that.
                      Joe Krezdorn
                      DAK Self Storage
                      Leesport, PA 19533
                      www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
                        The only issue with Fitbit is if you ride motorcycle or a lawn tractor. On my ride here the vibration can easily give me 2500 to 3000 steps. Cutting the lawn used to average about 1000 to 1500 steps. I stopped wearing it because of that.
                        Sounds like you found something there! Lol
                        Mango Technologies, is your in-house I.T. department, outsourced! We manage how your information technology affects your budget and workflow, so you can focus on your business. We focus on the self-storage industry!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X