Continued Learning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continued Learning

Does your ownership/management company offer you learning opportunities? This might include in-house training, online courses or covering the costs of an industry tradeshow.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

No, no offers.
    But I would think that if any of us asked, we could work something out.
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

None offered here or needed. As far as they are concerned I am to run the facility like I own it.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I have been sent to Vegas twice to attend the trade show, Been to the one in Seattle about 4 times and they paid for me to become a Certified Self Storage Manager. Now my building is up for sale and they have a buyer so I will be able to use that information somewhere else.
        Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Yes and they encourage us to find training opportunities and I attend the self storage conferences & tradeshows when they are in Orlando. Also the Certified Self Storage Manager.
          The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

What's involved in becoming a certified self storage manager?
            Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

https://www.selfstorage.org/Events-E...ine-University
              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Has anyone here taken the CCSM certification course offered through SSA online? Im thinking about it. Its pricey though.
                You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tandrle
                  Reply to Powered stalls
                  by tandrle
                  Good feedback, I really like the Levitons and could see putting automation in place to handle it. I could use If this then that to turn on or off the outlet. The drawback is that the outlets all have a manual option to turn it on. I think using IFTTT can just shut it off it detected every 5 min or...
                  Today, 03:36 PM
                • Steve_hajewski
                  Reply to Powered stalls
                  by Steve_hajewski
                  I have some of them on my property. Each on a separate 20 amp breaker. I charge a $20 per month premium for the power. I have an automated kiosk for rentals but those units are blocked off in the management software so that you need to meet me to rent them.

So far those units have been...
                  Today, 03:15 PM
                • KrisinNC
                  Reply to Powered stalls
                  by KrisinNC
                  That seems like a great idea-though place them somewhere they won't get damaged when a senior citizen inevitably knocks into one side of the other. I've had many phone calls for powered spaces so they can run dehumidifiers or a trickle charge for their battery....
                  Today, 03:04 PM
                Working...
                X