I Got Fired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got Fired!

Have you ever been fired from a job? What happened? Was it unfair or justified?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I have been fired one time when I was just starting out as an automotive tech. There was a safety issue I did not feel comfortable about and I would not budge so the fired me. I was working on a large commercial truck with a gas engine and was standing on the front bumper and leaning in to work on the engine while it was running. I slipped once and almost fell in to the rotating fan blade. I knew big truck shops had small catwalks they wheeled up to do this type of work and the wheels locked down so it would not move. We did not have one and leaning in off of a ladder was just as dangerous.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I've been fired once. I went to work for a woman who demanded obedience, lack of backbone and the ability to not think for oneself. I was fired after a month because she felt I didn't respect her and was trying to undermine her. (I wasn't, being prior military taught me to step up and think for myself-kiss of death apparently) She wanted EVERY decision passed through her and treated myself and the other person like children.
      When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

I made the mistake of going to work for a family and I was the only non-family there. Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by Bighank View Post
          I made the mistake of going to work for a family and I was the only non-family there. Nuff said
          Oooh, I did that once and I left because their constant screaming at each other was giving me high blood pressure.
          When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bighank
            Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
            by Bighank
            Idaho has nice. I tell everyone that God built mice better than my ability to get rid of them. When someone says "You have mice?" I look them in the eye and say, "yes." I ask them if they see al the hawks and falcons flying around and ever wonder what they feed on. Most are...
            Yesterday, 11:31 PM
          • KrisinNC
            Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
            by KrisinNC
            This facility doesn't have a lot of landscape-weed-whacking and picking up trash, no lawn etc. So maintenance handles it. Last facility we had a landscaping company and they mowed, cleaned up leaves, branches and even removed snow if needed....
            Yesterday, 07:06 PM
          • Beebop
            Reply to Lawn & Garden Landscaping
            by Beebop
            Our maintenance man use to have to trim the bushes until the owner hired a landscaping company to do it....
            Yesterday, 06:37 PM
          Working...
          X