Need a combo employee - tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a combo employee - tips?

Hi there! We're looking for a person to do property maintenance AND fill-in in the office using Sitelink and providing excellent customer service. It's a tricky combo because they need to be strong-ish, physically able, and also computer savvy with good communication with customers. Anyone else have this struggle? Where would you go to find this person? So far, Indeed and Craigslist haven't produced much. Any tips would be appreciated!

That's the roll I filled, where are you located?

Comment

I have filled this role a few times when I needed the same. There are plenty of people that fit the bill. Just make it clear in your ad what you are looking for.
      MamaDuke

Comment

We're in Northern California, Grizz. And thanks MamaDuke. We've had a couple of great ones fill the combo spot. Still working with us after 10 years. Now that we're bringing in the next wave, it's just been a little slim. Our location definitely has something to do with it. Great to know there are others out there who are good at both! Hope you're being well-valued! (aka.. on your paycheck)

Comment

North Cali here also and I run into the same issue a lot of times as i'm the one who handles out job postings and screening of candidates.

I'm the stronger sales person between my wife and I but I still spend a lot of time outside to take care of property issues because it's hard to find others who can do it. With this company they give up and just hire a maintenance person for outside and hire manager/asst managers for the office. I personally feel the manager/asst should be the types who can do it all as I hate knowing we have someone on the clock being paid and can't cover an office when needed in emergencies or office people who think they don't have to go out and clean.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Orkocean. Nice to hear what others think, and how they handle the needs of the property and the office/customers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• wc1974
              Reply to Happening all over the USA
              by wc1974
              They do- if you know this person I would give them a heads up to change that right away. If they get reported to the authorites they would be in big trouble. All Fair Housing laws are applied by both Federal and State law.

Federal protected classes include:
              • Race.
              • Color.
              • Religion or
              Today, 05:49 PM
            • pacnwstorage
              by pacnwstorage
              If the facilities ever have to follow rental laws, like for housing, that will be the day I start looking for another career.

This warning was written and posted by a home owner that rents out a room. I have no idea if they have to follow the same laws you speak of.
              Today, 05:41 PM
            • wc1974
              by wc1974
              These requirements violate almost every single Fair Housing law there is. You CAN NOT advertise in a public forum, or ask them in a private setting what is their religion,age, sex, sexual orientation, you cannot deny them a pet if it is a service animal- if they have a doctors note you have to take...
              Today, 05:33 PM
            Working...
            X