Pay scale poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay scale poll

Interested in pay for resident managers. This is your pay only without consideration for residency benefits
    Under 25k
    21.05%
    25k-35k
    15.79%
    35k-45
    52.63%
    45k+
    10.53%

I entered the amount for the wife and I together.

Comment

I did mine for single, if it was both of us it'd be the top as we're 24k each. Low pay but to be fair it is the nicest live on we've had. If it had a backyard for our dogs to be off a leash to play it'd be perfect living wise.

Comment

That's a big help, I hope more people participate..

Comment

I am not a resident manager so I did not vote!

I have been a resident manager in 2010.
          If you would like me to vote using that salary, I will!
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I voted but I am not technically a "resident" manager. I do live on site, but only by coincidence. I am NOT on call 24/7 but if there is an actual emergency I am here.
            AmyLou

Comment

Originally posted by AmyLou View Post
              I voted but I am not technically a "resident" manager. I do live on site, but only by coincidence. I am NOT on call 24/7 but if there is an actual emergency I am here.
              This brings up an interesting detail. I've been resident manager for 8 years with 3 companies, never once have I been expected to be available 24/7. Obviously if an actual emergency happens we will handle it and be available but for regular stuff that should be done during office hours? Yeah you're coming back DURING office hours. Are there some of you that have to be available 24/7 for even non emergency reasons?

Comment

We have 3 properties with literal onsite/ resident managers , they are not required to be available 24/7, they work 5 days a week and get two days off. Sometimes in very rare situations they need to come on after hours but that is usually just to deal with the Rental Truck and nothing more.

Comment

Orkocean I've had people knocking on my door for all sorts of reasons. Twice its been overlocked tenants who want to get into their units, I tell them the office is closed and they need to come back during business hours. I've had friends who are friends with tenants messaging me at all hours, saying they need to get in the gate or they lost their keys. I tell them the same thing, come back during business hours. I even had to change where I park because if they see my vehicle they think I'm open for business. It's been trying at times and I have had to set very clear boundaries and stick to them. Recently I've had to start keeping my private residence locked at all hours because people will just walk right in. Next step I'm putting up a sign that says "Private" on my door. It's ridiculous and can get super frustrating.
                  AmyLou

Comment

Amy, I have the same issues! My apartment door is at the entrance/exit area. I never getaway!! Gate codes don't work due to non-payment they are at my door, forget gate code they are at my door. Locked in after 10 pm when the gate locks they are knocking on my door! I have a sign on my door that says personal residence do not enter! It doesn't help one bit. They just walk right in!! It makes things very difficult when you never get time off or away from work for sure. I am glad I am not the only person who has these issues!

Comment

Keep the door locked and do not answer it. Your time is your time, unless you allow it to be theirs.

Comment

I have a small sign on my door that read : "Unless it involves FIRE, FLOOD or BLOOD, do not bother the managers after hours. All non-emergency assists will be charged $50 for the managers inconvenience, payable in advance. (Examples of Non-Emergency: you lost or forgot your keys, you paid online late and want the redlock removed.) The office will reopen tomorrow at 7AM for these non emergencies. Thank You.
                        Last edited by wc1974; 7th November 2019, 05:10 PM.
                        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

8 years, 10 different live ons, I gotta say it's been pretty hit or miss on if we get disturbed at our residence or not. I can count on one hand the "absurd" ones, otherwise they were usually legit issues such as the gate wasn't working and people were trapped while the person covering that day had left for lunch. I think I had more disturbances from using a google voice # to leave an "emergency" line option on our sites voicemail, the amount of people calling it in the middle of the night to pay their bill was truly amazing. The only really out there one I've had was at our first site banging on our bedroom windows at 5am to use the restroom since it stayed locked outside of office hours.

Comment

Not a resident manager so I marked what I made sans my mortgage.

Comment

Thanks everyone. And if more people want to participate please do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X