Work Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Culture

Describe your work culture in five words or less. Explain your answer.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I'll have to admit I had to look up the term work culture to figure out exactly what you meant.
    Using the descriptive words provided on Google example, in 5 words or less I would say we can be described as:
    Friendly
    Engaging
    Collaborative
    Inclusive
    Motivating

In my own words, I would go on to say we are:
    Professional
    Helpful
    Hardworking
    Knowledgeable
    Kind

My reasons for choosing these specific descriptions stem from 10 years of experience starting as a relief manager, moving up to store manger and then district manager, then after a brief break from the industry, came back to store management. In that time frame I have had ample opportunity to learn from the customers what they need and expect, and also to listen to staff to figure out best practices and how to make things run smoothly for everyone so that the customers have the best experience. Daily we have the opportunity to share these qualities with our customers. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar as the saying goes. And our customers constantly are referring their friends and family to rent with us as a result of that commitment by our staff to follow this culture.
    Last edited by wc1974; 9 July 2020, 04:42 PM.
    You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

My work culture is great - My owner (I feel like his pet ) Is always available for me to talk to and run things by him. However, my day to day work culture is fantastic. Me, myself, and I agree on everything. We try and treat each tenant as the best one I have and my best friend.
      Friendly
      Helpful
      Resourceful
      Available
      Kind

Comment

I
        Do
        Everything
        By
        Myself
        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
          I
          Do
          Everything
          By
          Myself
          Thats both funny and sad! You don't have any help at all? No relief managers or vendors occasionally? Ive worked at places like that, its not easy and you have my respect for that!
          You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Thanks for your concern wc1974, but to be honest, this is how I like it. When my wife and I leave town, one of my kids that live on the facility will keep an eye on the place for us, but we don't let anybody rent any units in our absence. We're pretty picky in regard to who we rent to, and I'd rather turn people away than rent to the wrong person. We just say we don't have any units available when we're not here. We're very lucky to live in a strong storage market and we can afford to do it that way.

In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post

Thats both funny and sad! You don't have any help at all? No relief managers or vendors occasionally? Ive worked at places like that, its not easy and you have my respect for that!
              No its funny. He will relieve me whenever I need to and we have a couple of college kids that can fill in for me. I just think its funny when I refer to him as "my owner". That's what makes me feel like a pet. Love my job.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
                I
                Do
                Everything
                By
                Myself
                This is me, specially after my employee quit earlier this year before the Covid crisis started. I have some limited part time help. But I pretty much do everything.

So instead of I do everything I will say:
                Hardworking
                Efficient
                Knowledgeable
                Friendly
                Caring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• JulieA
                  25-30 year old doors
                  by JulieA
                  Looking for insight on cleaning older doors. I believe they are DBCI. Best products and methods. I looked at Everbrite website. Seems very expensive. Thanks
                  Today, 09:59 AM
                • JulieA
                  Reply to Cleaning Hacks
                  by JulieA
                  I am looking for recommendations for a battery operated leaf blower/vac combo. Battery operated backpack sprayer. And cleaning carts! I would love to see pictures of cleaning carts and the supplies you use! Trying to make some changes!
                  Today, 09:55 AM
                • RandyL
                  Reply to Disaster In Iowa
                  by RandyL
                  Clarkstoragellc T_Champeau

Thanks for the great advice luckily this is not my first disaster. But I have come across many lessons learnt that I will need to improve on for the future. In regards to tenant notifications, and use of cloud computing software.

I have just...
                  Today, 01:46 AM
                Working...
                X