Motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivation

What motivates you to go above and beyond at work? Tell me three things that work for you.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Very self motivated. I love patting myself on the back. Being allowed to run the business like I own it is a biggee. The buck stops here.

A big motivation is the owner telling his son, who is a great guy, to leave me alone when it comes to running the place.

Comment

My dad raised us to give 110% in all we do.
      I hate losing
      "If it is to be it up to me."

Comment

Any other words of wisdom on this topic?
        Amy Campbell
        Editor
        Inside Self-Storage
        [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

My folks raised me to do my best. If that means climbing on the roof because something is wrong, I'll do it. If that means picking up the slack because they've not assigned maintenance for a month and a half-then I'll do it (will I complain, probably,).
          If that means going out to a tenant's car so they can avoid getting drenched by the cold rain, I am more than happy to do it. Because that's the way I was raised, and in turn, raised my kids the same way.
          I will go that extra mile.
          "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
          Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
          WA state

Comment

Investors breathing down my neck

Comment

Motivation to do a great job is self induced from my upbringing

Motivation to stay with employer comes from appreciation, respect and money from the owner

Comment

Money???
                Money motivates me!
                LOL

My Mother raised all 5 of her children a very strong work ethic.
                In fact, I can still hear her saying, oh you broke your leg and now it is in a cast, you can still go to work, you sit a desk!
                We were also taught that if we were to dig ditches for a living, dig the best ditch you can and if you scrub toilets for a living, scrub them till they shine!

In storage I do enjoy helping all of my clients.
                I do enjoy taking control of their storage needs, assuring them the unit is the correct size and their belongings will be safe at my location!

Doing a good job and being able to provide a service to the community is a motivator and I still like cold hard cash!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Money
                  Coffee
                  Chocolate
                  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
                    Money
                    Coffee
                    Chocolate
                    If you would have done:

Cash/Currency
                    Coffee
                    Chocolate

You could have said, "The 3 C's".

Comment

Knowing I did the right thing for both my company/investor AND my client.
                      Sharing business cards for a company that the client has stated they needed information for.
                      Seeing a smile on a person's face when they leave who came in very stressed.
                      Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Being the owner with a heavy cash investment, I am motivated to be the best employee I have. Coffee helps too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X