After-Hours Contact ... From a Supervisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After-Hours Contact ... From a Supervisor

Many are accustomed to fielding calls, emails or texts from a supervisor after the workday is done. Do these ever come your way? Is it critical/can't wait until you're on the clock? Share an instance. Plus, how can you set boundaries if you don't want to be contacted when not at work?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I have never been contacted after hours by a supervisor unless we needed to talk about final details of a termination and wanted to be sure that the employee didn't get wind of anything.

I have worked for wonderful companies in this industry!
    MamaDuke

Comment

I feel one of the things that sets my customer service apart from others is dealing with customers on evenings or weekends.

I am in a different boat though being an owner operator.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
        I feel one of the things that sets my customer service apart from others is dealing with customers on evenings or weekends.

I am in a different boat though being an owner operator.
        I am not the owner BUT.... my number is on every climate door and gates, and I really don't mind helping them when I am off, they are all pretty good about only texting or calling if they really need something and this does set me apart from other facilities in the area, I am very dedicated to the customer as well as the owner..... I do have my phone set to do not disturb from 8 PM to 7 AM so I wouldn't be bothered after gates are not accessible.

Comment

I treat my property as if I am the owner. Ir rarely happens, but I always feel I am on the clock.

Comment

Not from a supervisor but I've let my relief managers know they can text me if there's something that they need. No, I lied-one supervisor texted because they needed to know where something was and the relief manager didn't know. But that's it.
            "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
            Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
            WA state

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X