Job Longevity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Longevity

What's the longest period that you've worked for a company? Why did you leave?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

01-01-1999 thru 12-31-2021 semi-retirement pending...
    prior to that my longest stint was a business I owned and operated from 1983-1993

Comment

I worked for a church for 12 years. I got separated from a horrific marriage and I got fired and he got promoted!!! I was told they were making an example of me. I haven't regularly attended any church since. And that was over 20 years ago.
      MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
        I worked for a church for 12 years. I got separated from a horrific marriage and I got fired and he got promoted!!! I was told they were making an example of me. I haven't regularly attended any church since. And that was over 20 years ago.
        I'm so sorry MamaDuke. I left man-made places of worship for a very similar reason. You'll find me in the trees with sunlight filtering through the tree canopy instead.
        Gina 6k
        twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
        VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
        [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
        I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Been with Doug West/Digitech/Chamberlain/PTI since 1991. Just hit the 30 year anniversary in July.

Comment

I am doing now, and don't plan on stopping. My dad started investing in real estate in 1992. Got out of the rental house business and into storage in 1996. All this was started while he still worked full time so it was all nights and weekends. Which I was along pretty much all the time. So I got started working this job when I was 11 years old. I did move out of town for college for 5 years, but would still work the summers, breaks, and some weekends as needed. I moved back in 2004, and within a few years my parents pretty much completely retired.

So at 40 years old I have pretty much done this my entire life.

Comment

Uh, probably my first self storage job in San Diego-5 years, then the Navy at 4 1/2 years.
              "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
              Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
              Always sunny in California

Comment

12 years, had to move because small place and I just had gone thru a divorce, moved out of that city.

Comment

I did home health for about 7 years. In 2017 I started with the company I'm with now as part time, as well. When I got the manager position here, I quit doing home health. Coming in 2nd is where I'm at now, I'll be with the company 4 years this November.

Comment

Come this November it will be 15 years in the Storage Industry. Longest job for me!

Comment

Almost 19 years at the current self storage facility.
                      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

I was at a major university for 14 years. If I told you why I left you wouldn't even believe me, or you'd think I was crazy. Let's just say the department was shut down, I was so traumatized I didn't work for a few years and suffered from PTSD and anxiety. I would have a panic attack even clicking on the Indeed app. After a few years of intensive therapy I was able to look for work and fell into the storage business. I love it and am happier than I have been in years. I have been at my current job for about 2 years.

Comment

Twenty-seven years working for Rentaspace.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                            I did home health for about 7 years. In 2017 I started with the company I'm with now as part time, as well. When I got the manager position here, I quit doing home health. Coming in 2nd is where I'm at now, I'll be with the company 4 years this November.
                            Home healthcare is a hard job! Kudos to you.
                            "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
                            Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
                            Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post

Home healthcare is a hard job! Kudos to you.
                              Thank you! It's definitely a skill. I got my CNA license when I was 17 and started in a nursing home in the Alzheimer unit, so it's been off and on for 20 years!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X