Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Active military product sold at auction! How did they not know!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active military product sold at auction! How did they not know!!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/10/...www.google.com
    Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

I read the article and agree that it would have been hard for them to not know. Interesting question came to mind though. For everyone with online enrollment and the SCRA questions are there,,, if the tenant doesn't indicate they are active military, then we don't do any further digging. Does everyone else put their entire risk on whether those questions are answered in the online rental process?

Comment

The moving company screwed the pooch. They were lucky it was only 60 grand they had to repay. They knew and ignored it. 'Tried to contact him', if they'd bothered to see if he was still serving like every other self storage manager has to do, they would've known better. They tried to beat the system and got whacked for it, but the serviceman lost anyway.
      "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
      Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
      Always sunny in California

Comment

Glad the company was sued and had to payout big. But to me that's little consulation for the loss Tech Sgt. Cornacchio suffered. Reading about the mementos he lost was very sad. Like KrisinWA said that company tried to pull the okie doke. Especially after they charged him more to move and store the property than what they quoted him. They knew he was in the service and just didn't care.

Now our lease agreements and storage database have a section that asks if a tenant is military affiliated. Such as active duty, reserve, veteran, etc. So far all of our military tenants have been good about paying on time. We only had one issue wth a Marine's CC expiring and his AutoPay not going through. Thankfully he came back from deployment pretty quickly and updated everything.

Comment

So they were sticklers on the whole customer confidentiality but couldn't be bothered to learn the lien laws....mmkayy. They knew he was military, they knew he was being deployed, hence why they price gouged him on the move in the first place. They need to go out of business and stay out.

Comment

They KNEW he was military! I wanted to share this as I think personally it is a disgusting situation that can't be remedied by $$. The man lost his family history, not to be replaced. MAYBE the person who received the articles didn't throw them out and will return them. But we may never know.

I ask every customer if they or their spouse are active military. Even if the person is over 50 years old. You just never know. If they are active, they will identify. It's the ones who ask "Why is there a discount", I feel they may be trying for Stolen Valor. But when they can't give me their C.O's phone number, I know it's not real......

To all active and former military - I thank you for your service. My freedom came at a cost to others.
            Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X