Leadership, Team Development, etc. Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadership, Team Development, etc. Books

Hi y'all! One of my goals this year is to boost my personal development by reading one book related to leadership, team development, sales/marketing, training/coaching, etc. every month. What would you recommend and why?

Re: Leadership, Team Development, etc. Books

oh....good idea. I could use some boosting as well so I am following this post.
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

I've read this one, the One Minute Manager

And then I search different phrases when I'm bored and find things like this. It doesn't have to be an entire book if you pick up an idea or two when things are slow in your office if they increase your time management. ;-)
      Gina 6k
      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
      [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Check out the TED videos, reads and different topics. http://www.ted.com/topics/
        Lots of personal & professional development, marketing and ideas to help with growth.
        The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Gina6k and Iamkathleenj, excellent ideas! I've read "One Minute Manager" before and really liked it - it's been a few years so probably not a bad idea to dig it out.

Comment

The Thank you Economy - Gary Vaynerchuk
            The 10x Rule - Grant Cardone
            Never Split the Difference - Chris Voss
            Shoe Dog - Phil Knight
            Building A Story Brand - Donald Miller

Those should get you started. These are probably the top 5 books I read that transitioned my mindset over the years. The 10X Rule really helped me with setting goals, and I would probably credit the book to one of the reasons I was able to escape homelessness 5-6 years ago. Amazing the power these books can hold - If you want more suggestions, I have a literal library at home I'd love to share with anyone who needs it!

Comment

I have taught (past life) management. My most highly recommended book is "The Game of Work," by Charles Coonradt. It was written in the mid 80's and the principals are clear and easily understood.

Comment

Built To Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies
                Good To Great by Jim Collins
                Take Command: 10 Leadership Principles I Learned in the Military and Put to Work
                Dale Carnegie books

Comment

How to Lead: Wisdom from the World's Greatest CEOs, Founders, and Game Changers
                  Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

Amy Campbell
                  Editor
                  Inside Self-Storage
                  [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I will take a long shot, but look these up and see if they are available to you.

Boy Scouts Wood badge training- you have to attend and be associated. Two weekends over a month period with a project assignment. Its intense at a social level. But the clouds will open up and you will see the sunshine by the end of the second weekend. I would recommend this for anyone who has been in their career for more than 5 years, no matter what position or training you have ever received.

Kaizen Training- you can read books, but also see if you can attend a week long session. If you can find a bunch of Legos ($20), try the Lego session with about 4 people. This will take about 4 hours.

Also try the Boy Scouts EDGE training method, with "anyone" around you, preferably at least 3 people. Adults/kids/etc. Pick something mundane like filling a Salt Shaker at first. Then keep moving up. This can be done at no cost. Keep rotating who is the leader and who is being trained. And it will imprint on you. This is probably the best for all of the goals you noted above. Will seem too simplistic, but once you understand it, applies across the board to any interactions.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• lady5563
                      Reply to Website Developers- Who do you use?
                      by lady5563
                      NO! Wake up and taste the Maxwell House Dark Roast!
                      It warms the soul!...
                      Today, 03:41 PM
                    • lady5563
                      Reply to Here We Go...!
                      by lady5563
                      I take my deposits to the bank myself.
                      I use the drive up and get a receipt for each deposit.
                      It seems as though the poster maybe used a night time drop off box and that was why the bank had to call the OP to inform of the deposit being short?...
                      Today, 03:29 PM
                    • RMRSS
                      Reply to Contracts are legal documents, DUH.
                      by RMRSS
                      Honestly I've never heard anyone have an issue with this before. In fact, all our contracts are electronic, so we type the info directly into SiteLink and the customer eSigns it on the screen. I've never had a tenant fill out the informational part even when we had paper contracts. So many people...
                      Today, 02:37 PM
                    Working...
                    X