Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 year history in Self Storage and looking to become re-employed Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year history in Self Storage and looking to become re-employed Soon!

Well, it happened. My facility was purchased by new owners who brought in a different management company who brought in MUCH lower paid employees to run the facility. I know this happens all the time. My hubby and I built it from not open to 93% occupancy, without signage of any type for 2.5 years in 4 years. We Do NOT have to work together and are located in Central Florida and looking for an owner who appreciates that we know how to do the following:

A. Make the owners happy and make them LOTS of money!
    B. Know the community and how to care for individuals within same and keep the $$ rolling in.
    C. Make contacts with other businesses to let them see how we are a VALUE to their bottom line.
    D. Rent space
    E. Keep the property VERY clean, well lit, and quite safe.
    F. Keep the A/R's very low (Depending on the neighborhood values of course)
    G. Follow the rules and laws of Self Storage
    H. Move out those who feel that this storage place is their Home!

Want to know more? Just contact us. Have Suggestions? We are ALL for them. Thanks for your guidance for the past so many years that I've been on this Talk site.... We can be contacted at rtf@embarqmail.com and have resume's available......by the way, our A/R's for the last four years were 0.001% LITERALLY! YAY!
    Last edited by Tall Terri; 17th April 2015, 03:38 PM.
    Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Re: 10 year history in Self Storage and looking to become re-employed Soon!

Try Workingcouples.com (limited viewing without paying the quarterly fee, but worth it if you find something on there), Indeed.com, Craigslist, Google all of the self storage places in the areas where you are interested in working and send them your resume (or even better, hand deliver to their main corporate office if it is close to you) and there is also a job section on this web site. If you are ok with expanding outside of your area, Craigslist has a meta search engine called Searchtempest (dot com or just google "Searchtempest") and you can put in your criteria and search cross country and even out of the country as well. Don't limit yourself to just self storage unless that is your extreme passion. Also look for property management positions. Workingcouples gives you an idea of other options available with our background. It's a great site. Good luck!

Comment

working couples has a facebook page too, all of their job listings are posted on it too. We found our 2nd job in storage on working couples and it was an excellent job. But I've seen some awful storage jobs on there too..you know the type...free mobile home under a big tree, work 6 days, no pay, but you get the free mobile home under the big tree to live in.

Comment

try workingcouples. they have listings and are always adding things

Comment

So true, Lisa. You have to be very discerning with WorkingCouples.com. As a matter of fact, that goes with most job posts in our industry.

Comment

WHAT?? Oh man! I just hired a new manager and she is coming to Music City from Ft. Meyers. If only I had known!

Keep us posted Terri. Good Luck!
            Stephanie Tharpe
            Senior VP of Operations
            A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
            Nashville, TN
            http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
            www.tnssa.net

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Indeed.com has a pretty decent listing of self-storage positions available.
                Scott Simon
                St. Louis area resident storage manager

Comment

Tall, try contacting Compass Self Storage. They have been expanding fairly rapidly. This is an Amsdell company. They used to U-Store-It.
                  Bob Taylor (Astro)
                  Blue Ridge Self Storage
                  Cashiers, NC

Disclaimer: What Gina said....'cause the the cheese fell of my cracker.

Comment

Where on this website are the listings for openings? Thank you!
                    Tall Terri

Comment

At Home Page, Self Storage Marketplace, Job Fair.
                      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by astro View Post
                        Tall, try contacting Compass Self Storage. They have been expanding fairly rapidly. This is an Amsdell company. They used to U-Store-It.
                        That's funny you should mention them. They opened up last August 8 miles away from us and the CEO of Compass came in and shopped my husband and myself at our former location. I'll check - Thanks for your suggestion!
                        Tall Terri

Comment

I'm glad that you guys are sticking up for the good old family way of running a business. Especially after you've put in so many years of hard work and effort to get things to where they are, I think that you are more than entitled to have a bit of say about how the company gets run later on. I really wish you guys all the best in finding new owners for your business! Good luck!

Comment

I agree with @markgrogan. There are so many big companies that come swooping down on us little guys with their MNC solutions and different pricing systems, sometimes we don't really stand a chance. By George, we should at least be able to control the way they maintain the way our business runs after all those years of sweat and tears gone in to build it!

Comment

Hey, Tall. How about an update. Find a place? Nosy minds want to know.
                              Bob Taylor (Astro)
                              Blue Ridge Self Storage
                              Cashiers, NC

Disclaimer: What Gina said....'cause the the cheese fell of my cracker.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• DairyGirl
                                Thoughts on RV parking
                                by DairyGirl
                                I would like your input/thoughts/opinions on an RV parking situation. New RV tenant has parked his smaller motorhome in a 12x40 space. Also in that space is a wave runner on a trailer. Both vehicles fit w/i the space which is why I allowed it, and there are others who have similar parking setups. This...
                                Today, 09:56 AM
                              • MamaDuke
                                Reply to Storage Genie?
                                by MamaDuke
                                I haven't used it, but with only 2.5 stars in Google Play, I'm not running out to get it, either!
                                Yesterday, 07:40 PM
                              • allsecure
                                Storage Genie?
                                by allsecure
                                Hey all. I would like to know if anyone out there has had experience with the Storage Genie from Open Tech? I would really appreciate any input you can give me. We are looking into this but I would like to hear from those who have tried it and if they were happy with it.
                                Yesterday, 07:16 PM
                              Working...
                              X