Kinda Creepy Tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda Creepy Tenant

I have a customer who, just since Thursday, has asked me out 6 times, and I've said no every time and I'm not interested. He just did again as he was leaving the office and said he wouldn't ask again. I said "have a nice day." This is a guy who has hardly been here since renting several months ago and suddenly he thinks that's ok? Ummm, no. I'm thinking that if it happens again, even though he said it won't, I'm going to have to ask him to go rent somewhere else. Because it came out of nowhere, it was odd at first, but now it's starting to border on creepy.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Re: Kinda Creepy Tenant

Yeah, once is enough. If he does it again maybe he needs to know it's getting creepy.
    In California.

Comment

If he never said, "he wouldn't ask again," before then maybe it will not happen again. If he does ask again then remind him what he said last time in and tell him he must leave the premises and take his belongings with him. Do you have a security camera in the office? If you can, when you see him coming again, set your phone to record what is being said. If need be I know a couple of guys named "Tony" that I can have get a hold of you to go get your point across to the guy!

Comment

The phone recording is a good idea Pac. Never would have thought of that. Maybe, if I'm lucky, he'll never come into the office again. But, I have a feeling I'll be asking him to leave because now he's just starting to feel like a creepy stalker. Uncomfortable feeling to have.

Comment

I have a little recording device, not the phone, that is battery powered and I keep it under the edge of my counter. I can sit there and turn it on when I see someone coming in or can turn it on, out of sight, while I am already talking if the conversation goes south. I got it one time after I had a tenant problem and when I talked to the tenant the next time I saw them and reminded them what they had said they said they didn't say that. I use it very seldom but can easily erase and it is handy. I have a security camera in the office and with the audio from the recording I can show the owner anything I feel I need to. A good recorder, easily fits in a pocket, can be had for less than $30-$40. If need be then "Tony" can pay someone a visit.

Comment

I am very close to getting a recorder for the office. We have had a couple of times I wish I had one. Not a bad idea at all.
            Never stop learning. Means we are still alive.

Comment

The little recorders are not expensive, can be carried with you on the facility and hidden easily in the office atmosphere. I love mine.

Comment

But isn't audio recording "not allowed" if the other person doesn't know they are being recorded? I don't think my security cam system has audio in the office so maybe a little recorder is in order. Although, "Tony" would be more fun.

Comment

There might be legal issues, unless you have it posted that the premises are being recorded. I don't know if that kind of notice would include audio. And that might only apply in court. A recording might be useful if, heaven forbid, the police ever need to be involved. At the very least you could use it to justify an eviction to the owner.
                  In California.

Comment

You can record it and use IF needed. If you don't tell anyone that you are recording and never use it before erasing, then I see no problems.

What Kirkus said!

Comment

If it's for your safety or to verify your claims, I see no problem in recording someone. I'll record anyone I want if I get a creepy vibe

Comment

Well, looks like I will be shopping for a recorder. Sooner, rather than later. I did buy pepper spray today...one for the office and one for me. Am also going to look into getting a concealed carry permit and buy a gun. Been wanting to do that anyway, and the owner here is very supportive of me owning a gun, especially since I live alone. Not a bad area, or even a bad town...you just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                          Well, looks like I will be shopping for a recorder. Sooner, rather than later. I did buy pepper spray today...one for the office and one for me. Am also going to look into getting a concealed carry permit and buy a gun. Been wanting to do that anyway, and the owner here is very supportive of me owning a gun, especially since I live alone. Not a bad area, or even a bad town...you just never know.

I have my CCW and when I walk the facility at night, I am packin'. There have even been people on here talk about carrying a can of I think, wasp spray when on the facility. The pepper spray is a good idea. I really like my little recorder. Has come in handy a couple of times for the owner to hear what went on in the office. There are a few nuts out there. Gone are the days of just "regular" people.

Comment

In most places it is legal to record video of people but in most places it is against the law to record audio of someone without their consent. Some places require only one person to consent but most require all. You could record it but don't try to use it in court.
                            I believe it came from long ago when the law was written there was only audio recording so video was not written into the law.
                            Our video security system does not record sound.
                            Karen and Denny Beall
                            Diamond Self Storage
                            Nature Coast of Florida
                            DiamondSelfStorage.com

Comment

So creepy almost stalker guy just tried the office door to see if open. I'm watching tv and saw him walk by my living room window on his way to unit for motorcycle. He was walking a little too close from where he would have come in and at first I thought maybe he was trying to see if he could see in my windows. Looked at video footage...he parked outside the facility, came in and walked right up to the office door and pulled on it. It is *very* obvious we are closed; blinds closed and lights off, so absolutely no reason for what he did, other than to "bother" me. Again. I'm sure he'll be in tomorrow and I plan on talking to friend/boss at property management company about it. I think I'm just going to have to ask that he leave. I'm taking care of my daughter's dog today and am afraid to even take her out for fear of this guy just showing up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X