Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post
    Re: An owner's auction action worthy for the Lawsuit Hall of Fame

Good Luck Jeanette! At my present facility, I have had two units in a year go to auction. At former facility, I worked there for five years and had four auctions of four units.

Feel free to PM me if you would like my "secret" - anyone. I don't mind sharing. and it WORKS!
    Can you email me at tjones@anacapastorage.com? I don't know how to PM on here.

Comment

Click on Tall Terri's user photo on the post and it will take you to the message center.
      Gina 6k
      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
      storagebizhelp@gmail.com

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Originally posted by KellyW View Post
        Re: An owner's auction action worthy for the Lawsuit Hall of Fame

In Ohio we have to have an auction there is nothing that states if the value of the contents is $XXX we can dispose by mean of choice. The auction just has to be deemed commercially reasonable as long as 3 independent bidders are present. If no bids are received on a unit as long as at least 3 bidders are present then we can dispose of the items any way we choose.
        Our law in michigan reads almost identical. "Auction shall be conducted in a commercially reasonable manner". In the note section is reads, "Michigan requires that the sale be held in a commercially reasonable manner which implies that there must be a group of active independant bidders present".

My question is how many is considered a group? I think 3 but I'm not sure.

Comment

Minimum of 3 people
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X