'Uh-Oh' Moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Uh-Oh' Moments

Inspired by this thread, care to share a goof or otherwise embarrassing moment on the job?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I once referred to the young lady with an older man as his daughter. Nope, she corrected me, she is his wife.

They still rent from me.

Comment

I was listening to some really, really loud and really explicit music in the office when a customer came in. And the computer froze and wouldn't let me turn it off. Very red face here.

Not the only time customers have come in to very loud music, though. I rock this place.

Comment

I got a voicemail from the owner letting me know he was stopping by to check in. I was rushing through my opening procedures, getting the cash drawer ready, the overnight credit card financial reports and vacancy lists printed, etc.. I dropped my pen on the floor and instead of leaning over to grab it the normal way I tried leaning over the side. It was just out of reach... so I leaned a little farther. I was so focused on getting the darn pen, I didnt notice the owner AND one of his buddies had walked in the office and was standing at the counter watching this whole thing go down. I stretched just a bit too far, and the wheeled office chair I was in gave out and slipped to side, dumping me out onto the floor! How embarrassing! There is now a bell on the door to alert me that someone opened it LOL.

Comment

I tried to post videos to this, as anytime I "pull a danika" I save the video footage from the office cameras, but it wouldn't let me. Highlights include falling out of my office chair (and it's a tall drafting chair. Not fun.) and changing the batteries in the automatic air freshener and having it go off inches from my face.

Why, just today I realized an hour to closing that I had been walking around with one of my son's socks in the hood of my sweatshirt all day.
          Give them an inch, they'll take a mile!

Comment

I, for one have always enjoyed (and often learned from) posts by PacNWStorage. I shall certainly miss his erudite (and often hilarious) takes on life and business. Be yourself, sir. There is only one of you.
            "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal." -Matthew 6:20

Comment

Pac... do not let them get to you. I enjoy, and specifically look for your posts.

Comment

Here is one on me. We had an auction two days ago. A young lady from corporate offices comes out to help keep track of what is being sold. She is very pretty and very shy. As we got to the second unit I noticed she was wearing black leggings. I said, "that looks hot... uh I mean warm ... I mean." She let me off the hook but dang. She was still laughing about it when she left two hours later.

Comment

I am the very definition of dignity. LOL. This spring we had a rare freeze and I was carefully walking out to check on a u haul in prep for renting when my feet went out from under me (ice, ice baby) and I landed in half melted water/ice on my padded hip (not padded enough, my hip turned into Joseph's coat of many colors), twisting my knee. Ugh. The Russian judges gave the landing a 3.
                  I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X