Crazy doesn't begin to describe it...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy doesn't begin to describe it...

Apparently the bus from crazy town has a stop in front of my place, because I just had the most "interesting" person in my office asking about storage. Young guy, in his 20's, wearing a backpack walks in. Asks if I have a storage unit for a car. No. Ok, how about for 2 motorcycles? Not liking where this appears to be leading, I lie and say no. He begins to tell me a story about how he develops apps for Google (seriously) and how he has recently come into a bunch of money. This money, though, is held in an account for him because he has been deemed not responsible enough to handle it. He was saying something about the internet and e-signatures and finance companies, and "I guess they just wanted to surprise me" because, apparently, he "accidentally ordered" a car and 2 motorcycles online. (I have no idea who "they" are) They've been recently delivered and he needs a place to store them until he figures out what happened and how to give them back. I am not kidding, this just happened. I was uncomfortable with this whole thing from the very beginning, and the more questions I asked trying to make sense of what he was saying, the more uncomfortable I got. I finally told him I wasn't going to rent to him. He was confused as to why and I told him I was uncomfortable with the situation. Luckily, a tenant had come in to pay her bill and heard some of it. He went on to say how he was going to make a name for himself, had the highest something or other on NASDAQ (?), and I'd be sorry I never rented to him because he'd be my best customer ever. No, I'd be sorry if I rented to you.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Just wow. I am LMAO!!!! You cant fix crazy

Comment

It's funny now! When he first started telling me about the motorcycles, it sounded like he had stopped paying for them, so the finance companies were trying to repo and he needed a place to hide them. Nope, the "truth" was so much crazier!!

Comment

I had a guy today that wanted a 10x10 climate control. I have 2 left. One is a square, one is a 10x10 with a little extra space because it's in the corner of my bldg so the door shuts at an angle. He walked both units off trying to measure which one was the most sq footage. He walked them TWICE. Then went home and got a tape measure, came back and asked to go back so he could "officially measure" them. He wrote down his measurements, came back to the office, asked for a piece of paper and drew a schematic of both units to see which one would work best. He went with the square one, and said if it doesn't work he would like to transfer to the other one. I had to pick my jaw off the floor several times. Are you serious dude??? It's a storage space, pick one and shut up or get out of my office. I've never had to work so hard for a rental; this guy was a nut job. Oh, and he read every single line of my 6 page lease, asked 8 million questions before signing. Just get out of my office. I don't have time for this crap.

Comment

Won't it suck for him when you rent the other one and he has nowhere to transfer to. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
            It's funny now! When he first started telling me about the motorcycles, it sounded like he had stopped paying for them, so the finance companies were trying to repo and he needed a place to hide them. Nope, the "truth" was so much crazier!!
            You can find out so much if you let them talk and talk and talk. I do and that gives me insight on if I do or do not want to rent to them.
            The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
              Apparently the bus from crazy town has a stop in front of my place, because I just had the most "interesting" person in my office asking about storage. Young guy, in his 20's, wearing a backpack walks in. Asks if I have a storage unit for a car. No. Ok, how about for 2 motorcycles? Not liking where this appears to be leading, I lie and say no. He begins to tell me a story about how he develops apps for Google (seriously) and how he has recently come into a bunch of money. This money, though, is held in an account for him because he has been deemed not responsible enough to handle it. He was saying something about the internet and e-signatures and finance companies, and "I guess they just wanted to surprise me" because, apparently, he "accidentally ordered" a car and 2 motorcycles online. (I have no idea who "they" are) They've been recently delivered and he needs a place to store them until he figures out what happened and how to give them back. I am not kidding, this just happened. I was uncomfortable with this whole thing from the very beginning, and the more questions I asked trying to make sense of what he was saying, the more uncomfortable I got. I finally told him I wasn't going to rent to him. He was confused as to why and I told him I was uncomfortable with the situation. Luckily, a tenant had come in to pay her bill and heard some of it. He went on to say how he was going to make a name for himself, had the highest something or other on NASDAQ (?), and I'd be sorry I never rented to him because he'd be my best customer ever. No, I'd be sorry if I rented to you.
              Aw, buddy. I need proof of ownership in your name, proof of insurance, also in your name and copy of registration. 'Accident' isn't acceptable in the 'Is that YOUR stuff' story.
              I was born to be wild, but only until about 9:00 pm.

Comment

UPDATE: Dude just came in and requested to transfer to the other unit because he really thinks that extra square foot would be best for his "layout". I had a feeling he would do this, so before I left last night I put a disc lock on the one he didn't choose instead of my "vacant" company lock. When he showed up this morning, I giggled to myself, and told him I am so sorry but I rented that one this morning, so he is going to have to stay with the one he chose. <evil grin> I'm a terrible person I know, but I can't help myself.

Comment

First thoughts are 'STOLEN MOTORCYCLES', unless his name was Mark Zuckerberg than ...

Comment

Def not Zuckerberg. And the "stolen motorcycles" thing did cross my mind. Stolen or about to be repo'd, either way, I don't want that at my facility.

Comment

Looks like you dodged a bullet there mate! I think we get one of these every other day sometimes. I'm really not sure where these people come off thinking that they can take advantage of us like that when they come in to rent storage units- like do they think we're THAT eager to do business with them or something?
                      Edward Thirlwall
                      http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/.../self-storage/

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardThirlwall View Post
                        Looks like you dodged a bullet there mate! I think we get one of these every other day sometimes. I'm really not sure where these people come off thinking that they can take advantage of us like that when they come in to rent storage units- like do they think we're THAT eager to do business with them or something?
                        Yes, he was truly...special.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X