Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Happy holidays! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk. Please be patient with us as the registration make take longer to process during this joyful time of year. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Tenant comes in reeking of weed, pays her bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant comes in reeking of weed, pays her bill

Thank God for Febreeze. Then she proceeds to say, "By the way, I'm going to spend some time in my unit..." and she continues to blab that she's tagging clothing for resale and that she's going to be in her unit for awhile but everything is fine and the door might be closed.
    NOW I'm suspicious.
    I tell her, "You're welcome to get things out of your unit and be off of the property before 10 pm."
    But see, I'm like any cop (former military cop here) . You blabbing as I stand there and watch you makes me think there's more that you're NOT telling me. Why are you VOLUNTEERING information?
    So, I've left a note for the relief manager to make sure she left and my maintenance guy is keeping an eye out too.
    sigh.
    I want buns of steel.
    I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

If I get any chance at all I tell all tenants that they cannot be inside of a nit with the door closed. That is a no no in my book.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Yeah, I should have told her that too. Darn it. I'll head up there.
      I want buns of steel.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Same here with the unit doors, they have to stay open while the tenant is in/at their unit.
        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Sounds shady to me. But I think everybody is up to no good. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by badgorillawife View Post
            Sounds shady to me. But I think everybody is up to no good. LOL
            Guilty til proven innocent? LOL
            Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

We have a no closed door if you're in the unit policy. I've had to give warnings to a couple customers regarding that. The ones that did it again were either living or hanging out in there, both of which you can't do.

People see the signs stating that visits are limited to 30 minutes and have had creative excuses as to why they would need to be in there longer. If people are rearranging, moving in, etc. I don't kick them out after half an hour. The policy is there to prevent loiterers. One lady said she would need to show up sometimes late at night to go through her grandmother's photos and it would take about 6 hours when she did it. I did not rent to her.

Comment

Welp-I was right. I went up and she wasn't there, must have just missed her, but the relief manager said she coded back in and didn't leave til morning. As of now she's locked out til we have our 'Come to Jesus' meeting.
                I want buns of steel.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Member I said, you have to have a "Come to Jesus" moment sometimes with tenants. For some stupid reason some tenants think you cannot kick them out with a 30 day notice. My signature says it all.

Comment

aloha - new poster.
                    I have always made it very clear that we are in the storage only business - items are to be brought in or taken out. That's it. Nothing else. Looking for something and just can't find it?. An hour should be plenty time. I'm in the storage business. Not the rubbish business, not the lounging business, and certainly not in the flea market business. Always try set the rules firmly upon move in. THATS when you have their attention. Have them sign or initial such type of rules. No like my rules. Go rent elsewhere. Keep it all black and white. Stay out of the grey area. Storage only. Its just the posture I take... for better or for worse. - other then a few slow pays- I zero issues..

Mele Kalikimaka everyone
                    Save it - you might need it later

Comment

First: Welcome to the forum.

Second: There is another version of ME in Hawaii it appears. Black and white instead of grey areas. Lot less hassles and tenant problems that way and easier on the person running the place.

I have been CLONED. That will strike fear in some members here, .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X