EEEEEKKKK! Kid with the plague

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEEEEKKKK! Kid with the plague

Brother to a past due tenant came in coughing his head off. He paid cash but I don't want to touch the money!!!!!! Time to get the gloves out.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Bad time of the year for all that. I roll back from the counter when they come in looking sick and I find out by asking them. They will let me know. I use one pen for them that is handled with a clean napkin and cleaned with disinfectant right after they handle it and I spray any touched paper or surfaces. At 66 years old I can honestly say I have not been sick in almost 8 years. Alcohol kills germs but I also know that I am way more aware of how being sick can affect me at a later age. I stay away from crowds at all costs too. People that walk around spreading their sickness scare me.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

KrisinNC, I flew to Memphis for Thanksgiving last year. I was in first class, so I got seated in the first group. Then,all the other passengers had to walk past me to get to their seats. One little boy about 4 years old was standing there staring at me while he waited for his mother to wrangle a stroller and a toddler at the door of the plane, and he full on SNEEZED with snot bubble and all- RIGHT.IN.MY.FACE.....I wanted to gag. It took about 3 days for me to develop a 103 fever and ruined my whole trip. I excused it because he was a child but I hate it when grownups do that! C'mon, wear a face mask if your contagious folks!Better yet, stay home and pay the bill online or over the phone, please!
      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

If the kid was like that the mother should have known and made sure she told him to cover his face if he sneezed. I say should and that accounts for a lot of common sense things. A lot of people don't have any common sense. Poor kid, he was sick and his mother was flying him. I do feel bad for him and you.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          If the kid was like that the mother should have known and made sure she told him to cover his face if he sneezed. I say should and that accounts for a lot of common sense things. A lot of people don't have any common sense. Poor kid, he was sick and his mother was flying him. I do feel bad for him and you.
          Ha, this kid was college aged. Everyone's a kid to me now-a-days. Dontcha know?
          90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

Ha, this kid was college aged. Everyone's a kid to me now-a-days. Dontcha know?
            I was talking about the kid in wc1974 story. But, you are correct, entitlement college age "kids" act like 12 year olds all the time. I am just waiting for the time I tell someone that age something they don't want to hear and they drop to the floor kicking and screaming. If I get that chance, water would be thrown on them sooooooooooo quick.

Comment

Lol, just handle the stash and sanitize after. Perhaps you need to increase your vitamin C dosage if you are greatly concerned about a little peck of germs. Working the front counter means you are exposed to anything and everything even when they do not display any signs of illness.
              Christopher James
              http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/...orth-brisbane/

Comment

One of my tenants, she likes to pay late, and she likes to spend 20 minutes paying, and she particularly enjoys doing this long payment process when I'm trying to close. So, one day, after spending five minutes getting her money out of her fanny pack, she starts handing me first $40, then $20, then some fives, etc. So we get wrapped up and bill paid, and she's all packed up and leaving, and I'm thinking, "Wow! Ten minutes! It's like a miracle!!"

She stops at the door. Turns around and sees my happiness, and says, "Do you play tennis?" "No," I say. She comes back to the counter. Tells me all about tennis. Turns to leave again, then says, "Do you watch football? "No," I lie. She comes back in and tells me all about the playoffs.
                By now her gross breath has filled the office and I'm having to stand back four feet.

Then she proceeds to tell me how very sick she has been. She shows me how hard it was to walk while she was down with the flu, demonstrating by touching everything, the counters and walls. Then she begins to describe her cough. It was a dry cough. She starts pretty much dry coughing directly at me, then she just couldn't get it right so she's practicing various coughs without covering her mouth at all! Twenty five minutes later...

She failed to give me her flu, but the next week a baby coughed right in my face at a school function and down I went.

Needless to say, that's the last time I put up with any nonsense from her. From now on I will show her to the door with no pomp or circumstance.

Comment

Influenza is bad this year, but isn't that true every year... I take echinacea and EmergenC, sometimes adding Black Elderberry, when I feel something is coming on. It doesn't always work but I try
                  AmyLou

Comment

I have been lucky lucky. Not even had a cold in over 8 years. Alcohol kills germs ya know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
                      Reply to Powered stalls
                      by Steve_hajewski
                      I have some of them on my property. Each on a separate 20 amp breaker. I charge a $20 per month premium for the power. I have an automated kiosk for rentals but those units are blocked off in the management software so that you need to meet me to rent them.

So far those units have been...
                      Today, 03:15 PM
                    • KrisinNC
                      Reply to Powered stalls
                      by KrisinNC
                      That seems like a great idea-though place them somewhere they won't get damaged when a senior citizen inevitably knocks into one side of the other. I've had many phone calls for powered spaces so they can run dehumidifiers or a trickle charge for their battery....
                      Today, 03:04 PM
                    • KatherineAD
                      Reply to new to storage
                      by KatherineAD
                      No. I write for those magazines and blogs, and of course I belong to SSA!
                      Today, 02:46 PM
                    Working...
                    X