Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, that was me you saw at the bank...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
    Oooohhhh, you should have said something like "I better have my money on Friday, cuz know what'll happen if I don't". Then do the "finger-knife slice across your throat. LOL Ok, maybe not the finger-knife.
    Wish I'd thought of something clever like that...

    Comment


    • #17
      You could always send "Tony and the boys to pay him a visit and make him an offer he can't refuse".
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Leraine View Post
        I went to the corner store for a can of dog food and I saw a delinquent tenant. I tried to avoid eye contact because he gets a little weird sometimes, but I ended up behind him in line. While he was getting rung up, he glanced behind and saw me. He must've jumped about a foot off the floor, as if I were some kind of goon sent by the mafia to collect. Mind you, I'm just an older woman. He starts yelling at me at the top of his lungs, "I'll get you your money, Babe, I swear, you'll get your money. I just got a job, Babe, I get paid Friday. I'll pay you, I swear."

        Seriously? Those people at the store don't know why he owes me money!! They always look sideways at me now. I feel a bit powerful, dangerous, even. The scary old woman buying a can of dog food...look out!!
        Your story reminded me of this song!!!

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ECZMvbLxg
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

        Comment


        • #19
          One of the greatest songs ever performed. Saw George one time in KC, Mo. at an outdoor amphitheatre perform and he finished the night with that song. Don't remember much after that. I was 26 after all.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

          Comment


          • #20
            I love that song too!!

            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by lady5563 View Post

              Your story reminded me of this song!!!

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ECZMvbLxg
              Haha that's a good one! Reminded me of Pearl:

              https://youtu.be/yECd_Sz_zJ8

              Comment


              • #22
                He paid!!!!!
                Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                  He paid!!!!!
                  Guilty conscience for the win!
                  Don't be so hard on yourself. The mom in E.T. had an alien living in her house for days and didn't notice.

                  WA State

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Woohoo! Nice! Good job DairyGirl!
                    AmyLou

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Leraine View Post

                      Haha that's a good one! Reminded me of Pearl:

                      https://youtu.be/yECd_Sz_zJ8
                      I think Pearl is my spirit sister. That was great! LOL!

                      And glad he finally paid, DairyGirl! Did he at least seem embarrassed? He probably thinks you've been stalking him.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DMac020 View Post

                        I think Pearl is my spirit sister. That was great! LOL!

                        And glad he finally paid, DairyGirl! Did he at least seem embarrassed? He probably thinks you've been stalking him.
                        No, did not seem embarrassed at all. Walked in with a big smile saying "well I'm not dead yet". Then said something about working a lot and "forgetting". When he said he had money, I asked if he had all of what he owed and he said yes. While I was processing his payment, I commented on how his "forgetting" is costing him a fortune in late & other fees. His response? A shoulder shrug with "I know".
                        Ok then, if you are that ok with all those fees, then I am MORE than happy to keep taking them from you.
                        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          He did not forget. He did not have it till his SSI check came in because he has one or two of multiple medical problems that qualifies people for SSI. Then you see them at the local boat launch for a day of water skiing.
                          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I was at Costco and ran into a couple I had been calling and texting for the last few days with no response. The man acknowleged me while the wife shot daggers at him for doing so. I mentioned how I had tried contacting them about Januarys rent, they said oh we paid that and started telling me a story about how they were out of money tell their house closed, all while I looked at their basket full of items.
                            We just switched to an online system and I logged on and said no you havenít paid Januaryís rent thatís why I was calling. They argued, trying to look it up on their online banking, but they couldnít get service (imagine that). . I told them I was headed to the office just swing by when they were done shopping and weíd figure it out. They never came by. Never called. I locked them out before I left for the day. Saw them the next day when they tried to get in gates, they were still sticking to the story that they paid me but now saying they had paid cash , but didnít have any proof. Two weeks later and still havenít heard from them. Hoping that their house actually closed and they will settle up with me soon. They have 3 units , Iím pretty sure itís everything they own.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Oregon, The land of make believe stories and clueless tenants. I know them well.

                              The phrase, "Here hold my beer and watch this", originated here.
                              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by OregonFamily View Post
                                I was at Costco and ran into a couple I had been calling and texting for the last few days with no response. The man acknowleged me while the wife shot daggers at him for doing so. I mentioned how I had tried contacting them about Januarys rent, they said oh we paid that and started telling me a story about how they were out of money tell their house closed, all while I looked at their basket full of items.
                                We just switched to an online system and I logged on and said no you havenít paid Januaryís rent thatís why I was calling. They argued, trying to look it up on their online banking, but they couldnít get service (imagine that). . I told them I was headed to the office just swing by when they were done shopping and weíd figure it out. They never came by. Never called. I locked them out before I left for the day. Saw them the next day when they tried to get in gates, they were still sticking to the story that they paid me but now saying they had paid cash , but didnít have any proof. Two weeks later and still havenít heard from them. Hoping that their house actually closed and they will settle up with me soon. They have 3 units , Iím pretty sure itís everything they own.
                                Out of money til the "closing"? Changing how they paid? Yeah, they're not telling you a load of BS at all.
                                Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X