Till this morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Till this morning

Have had nothing but rain all fall and winter so far. Till this morning......

"Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Is your area one of those where it comes to a stand still till it melts because there aren't plows? I am finally getting a little break from snow, but slow melt is creating icy conditions.

Comment

I LOVE looking at snow.

From here in my office.

In the sunshine of Florida!
      Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
        Have had nothing but rain all fall and winter so far. Till this morning......
        My sister lives in Bend and is complaining about the snow. California gal, ya know.
        90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Tall Terri Me, too ... in the sunshine in Arizona.
          Amy Campbell
          Editor
          Inside Self-Storage
          amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

A dusting of snow on the valley floor is rare and usually just lots of rain with an occasional ice storm thrown in. In the 23 years I have been here, from Mo., this is the most snow I have seen on the valley floor. We had 6 inches out my door here and is lightly snowing again. It should all be melted and rained off in a day or two. No problems with my gates on my day off. I actually just saw a plow go down the street. They don't use salt here at all.

Comment

Sorry. Not Sorry.
              The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy_ISS View Post
                Tall Terri Me, too ... in the sunshine in Arizona.

Unless you're in Flagstaff AZ.

Comment

True story!
                  Amy Campbell
                  Editor
                  Inside Self-Storage
                  amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I had 5 people come to their units yesterday. That was it. Usually on a work day I have 30-40 in and out of here. I have a feeling some planned move outs by the end of the month are not going to happen. There is still snow all over the place.

Comment

Winter in Wisconsin started out really mild... hardly any snow, wind or bitter cold in November, December, and even into the first half of January. Our new building arrived January 22nd. Since then, we've had a mix of snow, rain or arctic cold just about every other day. The erectors are working through some pretty rotten weather. I can't wait for the roof to be on this!
                      Steve_Hajewski_Columbus_WI_295.JPG
                      Steve_Hajewski_Columbus_WI_296.JPG
                      Steve_Hajewski_Columbus_WI_297.JPG

Comment

I don't envy any of you living in the cold and snowy states. Sometimes even north Texas is too cold for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_hajewski View Post
                          Winter in Wisconsin started out really mild... hardly any snow, wind or bitter cold in November, December, and even into the first half of January. Our new building arrived January 22nd. Since then, we've had a mix of snow, rain or arctic cold just about every other day. The erectors are working through some pretty rotten weather. I can't wait for the roof to be on this!
                          Steve_Hajewski_Columbus_WI_295.JPG
                          Steve_Hajewski_Columbus_WI_296.JPG
                          Steve_Hajewski_Columbus_WI_297.JPG
                          I see a lot of painting and rust removal in your near future....
                          Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

I'm not using any salt on it so the snow and ice won't permanently harm anything. Just a major pain to work with at the moment. I've got two barn heaters in there now so the goal is to loosen it up and shove it out the side before the insulated sectional doors get installed.

In case anyone else ever has to deal with this, I'm told what don't want to do is close in the building and crank up the heat trapping the moisture in the insulation.

Also I'm really glad that I have ordered commercial dehumidifiers to be built into the HVAC system. I have a feeling that's going to be a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post
                              I LOVE looking at snow.

From here in my office.

In the sunshine of Florida!
                              Oh that's not nice!! LOL!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X