Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No seriously, you can't store your live horses here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No seriously, you can't store your live horses here!

I just got a call from a young lady asking if we are the boat/RV storage across from the field, which I confirmed. She told me they need to store their horse trailer. I JOKINGLY (because I assumed nobody would be that stupid) said sure, as long as the horses aren't in it. SILENCE. A very uncomfortable, dead silence. Oh gosh, I immediately knew where this was headed. They couldn't take the horses to their new pasture for a couple of days, so they thought they could leave the horses in the trailer here....but just for a couple of days....and they would come walk the horses a couple times a day in the field across the street. Oh. My. Gosh!

Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall. Stupid, stupid people. And they have horses WHY?

Wow, okay then. Poor horses-with dumb owners like that.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

I would not be afraid to put the right people on alert about a possible problem with these horses. Some sort of animal control to just monitor what may or may not happen.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Sounds like someone needs to call animal control. I wish only horrible things upon a person that abuses animals.
        A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

I actually considered calling animal control, but I have no idea where they are going to take the horses. I told them nobody would let them store a trailer with animals in it and suggested they reach out to the people who own the pasture they plan on taking them to in a couple of days to see if they could make arrangements early. I was just shocked that anyone would even consider leaving ANY animal in a trailer like that. I'll call her back a little later to see what they ended up doing, and let animal control know just to be on the safe side.

And I agree, there is a very special place in Hell for anyone who abuses an animal in any way. My animals are my family- they are my life! My daughter always said I treated the dogs better than I treated her. I told her that's because they love me unconditionally and didn't always have their hand out, lol!

Comment

The authorities can take their phone number and find them.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
              The authorities can take their phone number and find them.
              Excellent point! Trying to get through to someone; if I can't get through to animal control, I'll call the local sheriff.

Comment

Originally posted by DMac020 View Post
                Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall. Stupid, stupid people. And they have horses WHY?
                My momma always said hang out with the smarter bunch and maybe it will rub off on you! Horses are very intelligent so...
                Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

It is sad that people do that. Our Policies Addendum actually says " No storing of animals dead or alive." Now you know somewhere, someone actually did that so we had to put in in writing! SMH. My experience with something like this: When I first started at this facility I had a young lady rent a 5x5 with us. I should have been more alert to her questions: What's the cheapest one you have? Can I come 24 hours? Also, she told me she was being evicted for being too loud at her apartment complex... OK Yes, all red flags, but I desperately needed a rental and against my better judgement I rented to her... about 2 days later I was doing a lock check and heard rustling noises coming from her unit. Our units have chicken wire type tops so I had our maintenance guy look over the top to see what was making the noise. She had 2 ferrets in a cage! I called her right away and demanded she come get them or I was calling animal control to have them removed. She violated her lease, so she would have to move out today and no, she was not getting a refund. She acted like it was no big deal, came and got them and left. Those poor ferrets! Some folks just should not have pets!
                  You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Sometimes when I have heard of how people have mistreated an animal I just want to approach them and tell them that whatever they did to that animal I was going to do to them. Sickening. Leaving a couple of horses standing in a trailer for hours at a time is just not right. Small trailers are meant for quick trips. If the horse is traveling a longer distance they should be in a large trailer so they have some move around space and even then should be unloaded periodically and let them stretch their legs.

Comment

I couldn't get ahold of animal control last night so I ended up calling the sheriff's office. After talking to two different people there, it was obvious they didn't seem to have much interest in doing anything. I called the young lady back and found out she was able to take the horses to their new home a few days early. Apparently she was rehoming them, which I was thrilled to hear! It sounds like maybe she bought horses without realizing what all is involved in raising them and decided it was too much for her. Glad they are going to a new home with someone who has pasture and is more responsible.

Comment

Whenever you see completely absurd rules, it's because someone's done it before. In this sort of situation we would proceed far enough into the rental process to obtain the person's legal name, driver's license number, phone number, and address, as that is the information needed to red flag them in our system if they attempt any future rentals.

Comment

Originally posted by DMac020 View Post
                          I couldn't get ahold of animal control last night so I ended up calling the sheriff's office. After talking to two different people there, it was obvious they didn't seem to have much interest in doing anything. I called the young lady back and found out she was able to take the horses to their new home a few days early. Apparently she was rehoming them, which I was thrilled to hear! It sounds like maybe she bought horses without realizing what all is involved in raising them and decided it was too much for her. Glad they are going to a new home with someone who has pasture and is more responsible.
                          I'm glad to hear they'll be going to a better place. The fact that they even considered leaving them in a storage facility shows they have no business caring for anything that's alive. They should stick to a pet rock.
                          A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

I have heard a similar story from another storage owner but this time, it concerned HUMAN REMAINS. It was the talk of the town when everybody heard just how many severed babies' heads were apparently stored in one of their storage units. Eventually it was discovered when the renter defaulted several months' worth of rent.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenGiderson View Post
                              I have heard a similar story from another storage owner but this time, it concerned HUMAN REMAINS. It was the talk of the town when everybody heard just how many severed babies' heads were apparently stored in one of their storage units. Eventually it was discovered when the renter defaulted several months' worth of rent.
                              Babies severed heads? Oh my gosh, that's horrible. Do you know the details behind it and whatever became of it? That's so awful!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• pacnwstorage
                                Reply to Vendor Representatives
                                by pacnwstorage
                                I always ask any commercial account what is going to be stored in the unit and how often will the unit be visited? Other than that, no matter who they are, they follow the same rules and regulations as anyone else. I also never ever accept shipments for them.
                                Today, 04:36 PM
                              • razorback
                                Vendor Representatives
                                by razorback
                                What is the best way to handle vendor reps storing their sample inventory or sales materials? If the lease agreement states the tenant agrees to use the space for property wholly owned by the tenant then what procedure do you use to accommodate these vendor reps?...
                                Today, 04:29 PM
                              • razorback
                                Reply to How many hours a week do you work?
                                by razorback
                                I work 40 hours a week, Mon-Fri, 9am to 6pm. When I first started here 11 years ago I had a part time person who worked 1/2 day on Saturday and 1/2 day during the week so I could get out of the office to run errands. It got so hard to find trustworthy dependable part time help that the owner agreed...
                                Today, 04:24 PM
                              Working...
                              X