Hey, Lady. Your mulch is on fire.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Lady. Your mulch is on fire.

Which was a new one for me. A worker from the grocery store behind us popped his head in and let me know that my mulch was smoking. I went out with a large pitcher of water and put it out, and am keeping an eye out because fire can travel beneath the surface. (can you tell I grew up in CA and have several firefighters/forestry family members?) . Not a cigarette though, so no idea how it started.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Homeless. They smoke and then they will crush the lit end from the cig to the ground and pocket the rest for a later time. Happened here when a mover was at my office and his help was outside and breaking my rules of no smoking and by the time I went out he had done as I described and my mulch was smoking. Told that mover they are not allowed on the premises any more.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
      Homeless. They smoke and then they will crush the lit end from the cig to the ground and pocket the rest for a later time. Happened here when a mover was at my office and his help was outside and breaking my rules of no smoking and by the time I went out he had done as I described and my mulch was smoking. Told that mover they are not allowed on the premises any more.
      Not many homeless in this area but it's right by the walkway/shortcut between our street and the shopping center behind us. Your theory is probably right on the money for reusing the cigarette though. I've never smoked but I've seen people do that.
      90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Yea, not seeing them does not mean they are not usually in the area. They slink around.

Comment

Yea, not seeing them does not mean they are not usually in the area. They slink around.
          While I wrote this the 'Hey Lady' came out in Jerry Lewis's voice...lol

WA State

Comment

I remember that movie. Loved the whole Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis team of movies.

Comment

That happened to me once at the apts I used to work at. Same scenario, a tenant alerted us to smoking mulch. Not the most interesting thing I ever brought to my attention by a tenant though......Just for giggles, here's that story: I had a guy stop in while I was working on past due notices one day. He says, hey, uh... I thought I should tell you there's a naked guy passed out in the gazebo over by the BBQ area.... Just thought maybe someone could call the police and see if he is OK? I run out the door with our maintenance guy and sure enough, one of our tenants who I shall call " Mr. Know it All, was unconscious with his pants around his ankles and A** up in the air. He was passed out drunk. Medics came, got him up and taken care of. He never came in to the office to complain about anything after that hahahaha. I was just waiting for the opportunity to bring up a snarky remark about his bare buns but he avoided us like the plague.Paid his rent online after that.
              You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
                That happened to me once at the apts I used to work at. Same scenario, a tenant alerted us to smoking mulch. Not the most interesting thing I ever brought to my attention by a tenant though......Just for giggles, here's that story: I had a guy stop in while I was working on past due notices one day. He says, hey, uh... I thought I should tell you there's a naked guy passed out in the gazebo over by the BBQ area.... Just thought maybe someone could call the police and see if he is OK? I run out the door with our maintenance guy and sure enough, one of our tenants who I shall call " Mr. Know it All, was unconscious with his pants around his ankles and A** up in the air. He was passed out drunk. Medics came, got him up and taken care of. He never came in to the office to complain about anything after that hahahaha. I was just waiting for the opportunity to bring up a snarky remark about his bare buns but he avoided us like the plague.Paid his rent online after that.
                Lol, that's PRICELESS.

WA State

Comment

There is a joke there about the spot you swipe the credit card through. "Uh, no, I am not swiping your c/c thru that"!

Comment

Homeless. They smoke and then they will crush the lit end from the cig to the ground and pocket the rest for a later time.
                    At our old office, we had a big concrete urn full of sand outside the front door for people to discard their cigs. One homeless guy used to ride by on his bicycle and go through them to find ones that still had some "life" left. Yuck.

Comment

I've had a mulch pile create steam from the warmth created by the composting process. It can be especially noticeable if you dig into the pile. It can get quite hot actually.

Comment

Sounds like spontaneous combustion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X